Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

On 28/11/2023 at 22:33, Super_horns said:

Just be an excuse for time wasting and defensive football .

As far as sin bin punishments for referee-based indiscretions go, surely the simple solution so not to ruin games would just be to not give the ref shit? Don't see the issue with that tbh. Nothing else is going to stop players surrounding the ref, mouthing off, trying to get him to change a decision etc. For professional fouls etc, as frustrating as it is watching refs give players from big six sides 50 warnings before a card is shown, I don't think it's necessary. 

Edited by Stinkenzo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Kinda frightening that Newcastle haven’t really even started yet have they in terms of what they are likely to spend over the coming seasons.

Certainly didn’t think Anthony Gordon had this in him from what I’d seen prior to his move

I don't see Barnes getting back in this side with Gordon in the form he is.

Fair play to Howe many laughed at the price they paid for him

• Like 2

10 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Man U are garbage, Newcastle were on another level to them… how have Man U spent more than anyone else sines Fergie left and be so useless 

They do seem to just about get results against teams below them but the scores in the big matches is very poor .

Defiantly going backwards .

9 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I can tell you this Rashford is wasting his career at Man U, he needs a move any young player at that badly run mess should leave. If f we got promoted I would take rashford anytime, he is a great player 

Looks like a player devoid of confidence and maybe motivation.

Many Man U fans think it’s the latter now after his new contract deal.

56 minutes ago, Koke said:

Imagine if we got Emery. We definitely had a better team than Villa, we just needed a competent coach. Now we're in the Championship and they are going for top 4.

I don't think our board would have even thought about him. Villa board should great ambition to go and get him when they were in a relegation battle.

Forest are jammy gits. They are absolute doggo, but it’s more-or-less impossible to get relegated this season, because the bottom three are so poor and Everton have been docked 10 points. 

There are going to be several very poor teams getting away with it this season, including Forest.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Koke said:

Imagine if we got Emery. We definitely had a better team than Villa, we just needed a competent coach. Now we're in the Championship and they are going for top 4.

Yep, irritates me every time I see Villa do well.

Sliding doors moment.

He would have come here.

• Like 2

Just now, Ian Nacho said:

Why on earth is the West Ham game on sky over the other games are on at the moment? Strange. 

Got to fill their quota haven’t they. 

In other news, Connor Gallagher has zero brain cells. 

9 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Why on earth is the West Ham game on sky over the other games are on at the moment? Strange. 

Other games likely moved due to europa commitments. Used to happen to us, before ‘you know who’ did ‘you know what’ to us. 

• Like 1

Trent Alexander-Arnold is such a weird player, positionally I have no clue where he fits in. 

Exceptionally talented on the ball delivery, yet defensively and off the ball I'd argue doesn't come close to that level. 

He's a good RB in the Liverpool system that compensates with basically 2 or 3 box to box or holding midfielders.

England have too much midfield attacking talent to then play him RB. Yet he isn't suited for that 2nd midfield role partnering Rice and Bellingham