Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

3 hours ago, JohnnieFoxWalker said:

Wow, their owner turning out to be a massive crook is such a surprise! Who could have seen that coming! 

Also on Notts Forest, I do hope another side beat them to appointing Graham Potter. Their fans are starting to turn on Cooper by the sounds of it. Not sure where Potter will end up though, I don't think any of the newly promoted sides will tempt him, maybe Palace when Roy eventually packs it in?

• Like 1

FA is considering taking disciplinary action against Haaland which I find unacceptable. Haaland has every right to express his opinion, he has every right to be annoyed. FA and other football authorities need to stop acting like dictators. They're ruining the sport. 

If they don't act now fixing this mess (refs, VAR, ridiculous rules) we'll soon see half empty stadiums in Premier League. 

2 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

FA is considering taking disciplinary action against Haaland which I find unacceptable. Haaland has every right to express his opinion, he has every right to be annoyed. FA and other football authorities need to stop acting like dictators. They're ruining the sport. 

If they don't act now fixing this mess (refs, VAR, ridiculous rules) we'll soon see half empty stadiums in Premier League. 

Personally I find this more unacceptable 

image.png.ee9644845438521351282ad653b26dd9.png

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Wow, their owner turning out to be a massive crook is such a surprise! Who could have seen that coming! 

Also on Notts Forest, I do hope another side beat them to appointing Graham Potter. Their fans are starting to turn on Cooper by the sounds of it. Not sure where Potter will end up though, I don't think any of the newly promoted sides will tempt him, maybe Palace when Roy eventually packs it in?

He's now bought another team (Rio Ave in Portugal if I'm not mistaken). Olympiakos fans are furious with him, there are rumours of him non paying agents/staff etc at Olympiakos also. 

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

He doesn't have the right to scream into the referee's face. He should have been booked there on the spot. 

He has every right to complain to the ref. If his behaviour was extremely bad the ref should have booked him on the spot (yellow or red if Haaland used F bombs). This means the ref is not fit to officiate. 

But either way I'm mostly talking about Haaland's tweet. 

34 minutes ago, The Bear said:

He doesn't have the right to scream into the referee's face. He should have been booked there on the spot. 

Every player has a right to complain to the match officials. The problem with Haaland is as he is butt ugly in a rage only makes his facial features worse!!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Haaland is a big headed t#sser. When the decisions dont go his way he acts like a big kid. Top footballer... but immature as a person.

Yet again Man City players screaming in the referees face but no doubt they'll get away with it.

Worse team for moaning.

Also he was presented with the easiest chance of the game and missed. Maybe look back at that more.

Edited by Fox92

1 hour ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Premier League is such a big brand we will never see half empty stadiums. The top 4 teams could have their grounds full of day trippers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Yet again Man City players screaming in the referees face but no doubt they'll get away with it.

Worse team for moaning.

Also he was presented with the easiest chance of the game and missed. Maybe look back at that more.

Perhaps the referees and linesmen should be encouraged to scream and shout at the players when the players miss open goals.

Edited by dsr-burnley
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

This was my point. It's again down to abysmal officiating. They need to sort out the refs first. They're mainly "annoyed" about his tweet now. 

Probably made more of it now than it would have been had they not bothered investigating.

Simon Hooper doing Sheff U v Liverpool.

Guess the Blades are like a Championship team !

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

No they don't. They made a big deal of only allowing two players to surround the ref, and not in an aggressive way. Any more than two players and they would be booked. At least that was the theory according to them. 

It only lasted a day or two after sending one of our players off thanks to a second booking. All for having the temerity of jogging towards the ref and not even being in any way aggressive. 

As usual PGMOL make their rules up as they go along whenever it suits them depending on which team it is. 

Look up the definition of complain. My dictionary states "express dissatisfaction or annoyance about something".

Players have been "complaining" for decades. It's the way you go about it that is the point.

the biggest problem nowadays is the scapegoating of referees has reached such proportions that every team who loses has lost because of the referee.

Someone could have tackled Grealish. He could have missed. The referee could have blown for a foul on Haaland.

Man City missed stacks of chances and defended badly, none of which is to do with the referee.

The easiest cop out in the world is players the media and especially fans constantly bemoaning referees when their own players cant take care of business.

I have sympathies with teams like wolves but nothing on sunday gives a player a right to scream in someones face when an hour before they couldnt score from 10 yards with an open goal.

Bored of hearing how its always the refs fault for a loss and how the ref is always brilliant when a team wins.

• Like 1

It'll look bleak for blades supporters when comes to names linked to the job, in their current situation attracting anyone is going to be difficult... think it'll end up being Dean Smith. Lovely guy as we know and nearly kept us up... perhaps a spot kick away from Maddison would have been enough. But two relegations from the premier league don't look good on your CV. Neil Warnock could be possibility on a interim term, due to his love for the club, but again is premier league record ain't good.

One name that could be good for Sheffield United that could be a gamble but as experience in guiding teams to safety is Gary Rowett, but no premier league experience.

8 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Worse team for moaning.

Man City been charged 

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

New TV deal.

More games for Sky basically.

https://twitter.com/SkySports/status/1731732671674335697?

TNT keep their slot and nothing for Amazon.

A minimum of 215 games for Sky and a minimum of 52 games For TNT, every game not played at 3pm on a Saturday (blackout rules) will be televised which includes the games moved to Sunday 2pm due to European commitments so that leaves a maximum possibility of 113 3pm Saturday kickoffs for the entire season 

• Sad 1