Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

58 minutes ago, Corky said:

Arsenal close to signing Raya from Brentford.

No surprise they want an upgrade on Ramsdale.

Arteta has finally seen the light. Ramsdale has been the weak link for them down the stretch for 2 seasons running, he's ****ing abysmal

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

building on what's been said above about wolves and ffp

Football really is in a dire state 

Although Chelsea did get fined by UEFA over FFP issues but then it was only about 7 million so probably the equivalent of £10 to the owners.  

And as some comment say get more revenue etc.

But yes it does seem like a real case of the haves and haves not.

Edited by Super_horns

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

building on what's been said above about wolves and ffp

Football really is in a dire state 

Appologies for repeating myself but I don’t agree with people saying the top clubs only get away with it, it baffles me how Villa and Everton get away with it while the likes of us and Wolves go round shitting ourselves and acting like paupers.

All I hear is “Villa sold Grealish for £100m”

Yeah? In our case certainly I’d say we’ve made more in sales than most other clubs.

I think Villa and Everton know that whilst nothing will be done and never will to the likes of Man City, Chelsea, etc, they’ll get a free pass too.

6 hours ago, Matt said:

I’ve seen this script before.

The parallels are scary, it’s almost a carbon copy of us last summer. Deja Vu.

@The Bear I thought Wolves were safe with FFP and could afford another window with some substantial incomings with some fat trimming and the sale of Neves? What's going on there?

8 hours ago, Matt said:

Appologies for repeating myself but I don’t agree with people saying the top clubs only get away with it, it baffles me how Villa and Everton get away with it while the likes of us and Wolves go round shitting ourselves and acting like paupers.

All I hear is “Villa sold Grealish for £100m”

Yeah? In our case certainly I’d say we’ve made more in sales than most other clubs.

I think Villa and Everton know that whilst nothing will be done and never will to the likes of Man City, Chelsea, etc, they’ll get a free pass too.

I agree there, I'm baffled with how clubs like those you've mentioned seem to have avoided all FFP charges, issues or w/e. 

It's almost as if FFP isn't real with enough money. 

Makes it even more depressing we went down due to trying to adhere to FFP. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Langston said:

@The Bear I thought Wolves were safe with FFP and could afford another window with some substantial incomings with some fat trimming and the sale of Neves? What's going on there?

There are no FFP concerns with the sales we made, that was just to make sure we didn't get into trouble from next season onwards due to projected losses for last season and this. 

The owners have clearly taken a choice to spend less and make more profit to help as much as possible. This has pissed Lopetegui off as no doubt the owners gave him the big sell last season to get him through the door. 

We can afford to spend money, but the club is going through some kind of cash flow crisis where we can't afford to spend large amounts on initial payments for transfers, hence the freebies and cheap option arriving or due to arrive. 

The squad needed trimming of the players who don't get picked, which has happened and is a good thing. But you've also got to replace them with players the manager does want. Whether that happens and they loosen the purse strings a little towards the end of the window is yet to be seen. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, The Bear said:

There are no FFP concerns with the sales we made, that was just to make sure we didn't get into trouble from next season onwards due to projected losses for last season and this. 

The owners have clearly taken a choice to spend less and make more profit to help as much as possible. This has pissed Lopetegui off as no doubt the owners gave him the big sell last season to get him through the door. 

We can afford to spend money, but the club is going through some kind of cash flow crisis where we can't afford to spend large amounts on initial payments for transfers, hence the freebies and cheap option arriving or due to arrive. 

The squad needed trimming of the players who don't get picked, which has happened and is a good thing. But you've also got to replace them with players the manager does want. Whether that happens and they loosen the purse strings a little towards the end of the window is yet to be seen. 

This could have been a post from any one of us last summer. Probably even me. lol

• Like 1

Lopetegui, unlike Rodgers, didn't have the luxury of the highest net spend in his club's history and his own staff filling the place when complaining about not being backed.

I'd take his word any day.

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

Sheffield United are nailed on to go down, hardly spent a penny. Their fans are shitting bricks.

Are they Man City loanees they had last season even rejoining them?

Not sure if it's just me as I've not really bothered to follow the prem pre season but there seems to be a lack of signings. Especially for the lower half prem teams. 

I know there is a month left of the window but nobody seems to be signing that many (just selling to Saudi!)