Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

4 minutes ago, Corky said:

I wonder if the referee thought Grealish was either offside or believed a defender would get round to cover therefore no advantage. It looks poor from the side angle but the ref's angle is different.

Pretty sure the Assistant has a decent view 

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Just read that when Wilder is appointed that'll mean 1/4 of the PL will be managed by former Watford managers :o

So more dull football to come for Sheffield United. Proper full circle, sack Wilder replaced him with Heckingbottom then reappoint Wilder again.. lol.

1 hour ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Off topic but does anyone think Haarland should be banned for a long time. He reminded me of a XL bully. The refs union should not ref any  more games until he is.

XL Bully

lol

4 hours ago, Md9 said:

Nick pope out until April with a dislocated shoulder. New keeper needed fit them in jan then 

Same shoulder as he dislocated 5 years ago at Burnley.  He was out for half the season that time, and then didn't get past Heaton into the first team for the rest of the season.

4 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

I think half the people in football are former Watford managers, aren't they?

The rest Chelsea/Everton?

7 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Interesting point at Man U right now. Think Ten Haag is very average with a hints of being a weirdo but it’s about time their board backed a manager and started to dismantle a squad of crybabies 

Must be a worry for fans that even someone with a strong local connection to the club and them in Rashford seems so disinterested when playing for now. 

Or that might be because he has a new contract and don't think he needs to try so hard?

8 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

Same shoulder as he dislocated 5 years ago at Burnley.  He was out for half the season that time, and then didn't get past Heaton into the first team for the rest of the season.

It must be the worst thing for a goalkeeper, once it's gone once the chances are it'll continue to happen especially when you bounce off it 30 times a day. Sadly it could be a career ending injury for him.

14 hours ago, Corky said:

I wonder if the referee thought Grealish was either offside or believed a defender would get round to cover therefore no advantage. It looks poor from the side angle but the ref's angle is different.

I think it's that, his angle wasn't great & he's playing advantage which unlike Rugby is only for the next action so as soon as Haaland pings it if he deems the outcome of that is not falling for Man C then he calls it back which is what he must have thought.
Pundit's etc saying he should play it out don't understand the advantage rule, you just know if nothing came of it or Grealish was off side etc they would be saying should go back to freekick but it can't!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

I think it's that, his angle wasn't great & he's playing advantage which unlike Rugby is only for the next action so as soon as Haaland pings it if he deems the outcome of that is not falling for Man C then he calls it back which is what he must have thought.
Pundit's etc saying he should play it out don't understand the advantage rule, you just know if nothing came of it or Grealish was off side etc they would be saying should go back to freekick but it can't!

They have a certain amount of time before they can pull it back, he certainly could’ve let it go for 2 seconds longer. It was absolutely the wrong call for him to pull it back so quickly. 

• Like 1

Chris Wilder lol

15 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

So more dull football to come for Sheffield United. Proper full circle, sack Wilder replaced him with Heckingbottom then reappoint Wilder again.. lol.

They don't seem very happy on their forum. I know Wilder left them in a mess but didn't realise how much some of them don't like him.

Edited by Fox92

25 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

So, Sheff Utd have replaced failure with failure. Does the owner know what he is doing?

But who else is readily available that’s going to want to take that job on? They’re already doomed. 

• Like 2