Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Nah - the Luton full back gave away cheap free kick with thirty seconds to go. He can’t then blow up until the attacking phases that follow  are finished 

Some players are brainless really. 95:52min and he commits a needless foul, stopping the play and gifts the opportunity for an organised attack. Good thing I'm not a manager because this player would be right away out of my team for the rest of the season. 

18 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Not true. Luton player earlier wasted around 20secs for a throw in. The extra time was justified in this case. 

You're right, and I'm not arguing with it, but how is that different to Jordan Pickford catching a ball, under no pressure, then diving on the ground, clutching the ball for 20 seconds? 

That time never gets added on and it's blatant cheating.

1 hour ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Not true. Luton player earlier wasted around 20secs for a throw in. The extra time was justified in this case. 

I’m not saying it’s right, but I’m certain every second between the ball going out of play and a throw in being taken isn’t added on in ‘normal’  time. Games would last hours.

A cynic would ask whether the ref would’ve added it if Luton had a freekick at the same point in the game.

Trying to play devils advocate here, not disagree. We all know how much officials/FA favour the bigger clubs.

25 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

I’m not saying it’s right, but I’m certain every second between the ball going out of play and a throw in being taken isn’t added on in ‘normal’  time. Games would last hours.

A cynic would ask whether the ref would’ve added it if Luton had a freekick at the same point in the game.

Trying to play devils advocate here, not disagree. We all know how much officials/FA favour the bigger clubs.

A cynic might ask that, and the answer would be yes.  Referees always add on time for the attacking side to take a free kick, and usually for them to take a corner.

• Like 1

I've quite enjoyed Luton in the Premier League. Been the best of the promoted trio by a mile and they're giving some of the best sides about real scares at that place. Still don't think they've lost at home by more than a goal have they? They will sadly probably drop, and especially sadly as their slight lack of quality is probably going to be what saves those lucky bastards Forest, but they've added something.

Have to say Rice has won me over. Didn't get the hype at all a year ago.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

I suspect he was probably under pressure from a certain manager on the touchline and the Arsenal players but does sound like Luton didn't help themselves in this case.

7 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Arsenal fans are bursting with pride this morning. What a fairytale!  How on earth have they achieved getting where they are today 😂

IMG_20231206_084552.jpg

It's the same for any club up there, Newcastle and Howe get heralded but have spent hundreds, villa the same. 

Brighton are the only club up there that haven't really

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

You're right, it isn't added but in this case the Luton player was blatantly wasting a lot of time. We've seen this scenario playing out hundreds of times: These players need to understand that is better to have a hectic flow of continuous play rather than time wasting or giving away stupid fouls in the midfield. The team chasing and seeking desperately for a goal will make more mistakes when the ball is actively on play. 

I don't know if these instructions are given by the managers or the players just do what they want when it comes to situations like this. If I remember well we lost a game against Arsenal the same way in our winning title season. 

2 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

With the points tally we had the same stage last season we'd have been 10 points clear of the drop zone this season. 

I'm still not fully convinced these 3 teams are that bad. I have a feeling they'll start to earn more points somehow around Christmas time. I'm probably wrong though and my festive mood won't bring suddenly any quality to their game. 😀

11 hours ago, goody2028 said:

Would actually like to see Arsenal win it this year.

Title run shaping up good this year. Will be interesting if Man City/Arsenal/Liverpool keep within touching distance of each other.

Think I'd rather see Arsenal win it if I had to choose.