Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

They would go down in nearly any other year. Sickening.

I don't rule them out dropping this year, frankly. Luton at least have a bit of fight about them, Bournemouth look reasonable and Burnley could easily improve. 

It's a disjointed side cobbled together out of panic buys with no transfer strategy who have survived due primarily to blind luck, home form and team spirit because of the manager. It looks as though all three are deserting them right now and it's glorious.

• Like 1

Just now, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Sheff Utd look crap. Not a footballing side in the slightest. Another PL team I suspect we’d beat.

Was with a United supporting friend on Saturday. Showed me the Luke Thomas thread on their forum. Pretty brutal. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Really dumb of City to let him go to Chelsea for peanuts......he looks mustard for the goal

From how it seems he asked to leave, and I guess they got a decent amount for a 20/21yr old who had proven nothing. 

Shows the opposite of Phillips who went to Man City and flopped, Palmer has moved away and started to thrive 

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bovril said:

Was with a United supporting friend on Saturday. Showed me the Luke Thomas thread on their forum. Pretty brutal. 

I don't think Thomas gets into our team in the Championship now. Bang out of his depth.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Cooper will be gone and Forest will likely go for Will Still. 

Lopetegui is also waiting for a PL job. 

Didn't think Still could actually manage in the premier league. 

They will go after McKenna and probably fail. 

2 minutes ago, Bilo said:

I don't think Thomas gets into our team in the Championship now. Bang out of his depth.

Judging from various negativity about him, doubt he'd even make the Syston first-team matchday squad..

Think he's upper-League One standard.

Edited by Wymsey

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

Didn't think Still could actually manage in the premier league. 

They will go after McKenna and probably fail. 

You wouldn't go there if you were McKenna, surely? 

Not a great footballing side, likely transfer embargo incoming and arguably as likely to be in the Premier League next season with a side he's built as he would to stay up with a pretty dire Forest side.

1 minute ago, Bilo said:

Not a great footballing side, likely transfer embargo incoming and arguably as likely to be in the Premier League next season with a side he's built as he would to stay up with a pretty dire Forest side.

No you wouldn't, he has to be so careful plotting his route up management. 

One bad club and you lose so much credit, look at Potter for instance. If I was him I'd be looking at the Brighton/Brentford/Fulham sort of jobs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bilo said:

If Forest offer you’ve got to go. This is likely the easiest season to survive in the PL, do that with forest and it starts a good career in the PL. Cooper getting lots of praise still but I think he’s completely lost now and can’t take it forward. As good as Ipswich have been, if they get promoted they are going to get a mauling in the PL.