Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

16 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Chelsea's business model is quite disgraceful, as if they're fooling young talented players.

Do you mean the constant hoarding of players and loaning them out?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Do you mean the constant hoarding of players and loaning them out?

Yes.

What's rather strange is that when they sell talented young players, more often than not these individuals actually succeed more at the new club.

Edited by Wymsey

4 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Yes.

What's rather strange is that when they sell talented young players, more often than not these individuals actually succeed more at the new club.

Ludicrous that they loaned out Colwill and signed Cucerella lol

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Corky said:

Newcastle's ticket policy is interesting, to say the least. Fans in a ballot could pay up to £74 with no choice in the matter.

Was just reading about this. Seems like if you're successful you get no choice where to sit or how much to pay. Ridiculous prices as well.

Quick scan of their forum seems to have many up in arms about this and one or two thinking of pulling their membership or not bothering. Really does stink if you can't even choose where you want to sit.

Glad they're so against this tbh, part of me thought that the fans have been drinking the Saudi kool aid so much they'd defend this.

1 hour ago, Footballwipe said:

Was just reading about this. Seems like if you're successful you get no choice where to sit or how much to pay. Ridiculous prices as well.

Quick scan of their forum seems to have many up in arms about this and one or two thinking of pulling their membership or not bothering. Really does stink if you can't even choose where you want to sit.

Glad they're so against this tbh, part of me thought that the fans have been drinking the Saudi kool aid so much they'd defend this.

Still some 

Part of me has sympathy, part of me thinks **** em 

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Yes.

During their time as a youth player at Chelsea they will be on enough money that they will be set up for life if they don't make it.

Suspect high profile 16 year olds are on more than £10k a week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kenny said:

During their time as a youth player at Chelsea they will be on enough money that they will be set up for life if they don't make it.

Suspect high profile 16 year olds are on more than £10k a week.

They probably are, yes.

Just hope, for their wellbeing, that they have good and supportive agents.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

They probably are, yes.

Just hope, for their wellbeing, that they have good and supportive agents.

They will have a bunch of sharks around them telling them to grab the cash while its there!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Still some 

Part of me has sympathy, part of me thinks **** em 

Yeah price out the working class fans, you cant afford it then fvck you, go and watch Gateshead or South Shields.

As said above, it seems that a decent chunk of their fans are pretty pissed off by it which is refreshing.

Interesting seeing some of the noise around clubs like West Ham and Wolves this summer. Feels like a few clubs falling into a similar spot to us, FFP has clearly done its job of protecting the big clubs. Think they'll both have enough to stay up given the strength of the bottom of the Prem next season, but certainly not a rosy outlook. I feel like more and more clubs are going to have to try and adopt a Brentford type model, but the gap between the big 7 and the rest is only going to grow.

2 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Interesting seeing some of the noise around clubs like West Ham and Wolves this summer. Feels like a few clubs falling into a similar spot to us, FFP has clearly done its job of protecting the big clubs. Think they'll both have enough to stay up given the strength of the bottom of the Prem next season, but certainly not a rosy outlook. I feel like more and more clubs are going to have to try and adopt a Brentford type model, but the gap between the big 7 and the rest is only going to grow.

Wolves certainly seem to have hit the same glass ceiling as us. With the way Villa are chucking money around on players with massive wages, they will be in big trouble soon too as they are raising nothing from selling players. 

• Like 1