Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I don’t see it like that. I think it reflects an improvement on more sides this season. The ‘big guns’ aren’t as miles apart from the other teams as they were. Man City and Villa last night being a case in point.

Arsenal just pipping Luton, being another.

Maybe I just watched the average games, overall quality is down in my view.

• Like 1

Just now, Langston said:

Completely without justification but I’ve never liked Eddie Howe.

Someone I know dislikes him because 'he has a South Park mouth'. Cant stop thinking about it when he's in press conferences now.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, hebangsthedrums said:

Loads of noise about the big guns being duff in 2016, but I think they're on a low this year and the overall average standard is poorest its been in years.

I agree, and the same for last season too. Media was silent on it just because Arsenal were challenging.

Just now, Corky said:

Everton will survive comfortably, they are better than most of the bottom half.

Irks me about the whole punishment of Everton. 

Last year's bottom half were completely congested and closely packed. This year there's huge differences between teams down there. 

9 minutes ago, hebangsthedrums said:

Loads of noise about the big guns being duff in 2016, but I think they're on a low this year and the overall average standard is poorest its been in years.

Do you think the winter world cup and congested schedules before and after that has had an impact on the quality this year? 

Are players simply shattered both mentally and physically for the levels that elite football requires 

Edited by UniFox21

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

I agree, and the same for last season too. Media was silent on it just because Arsenal were challenging.

Yeh, I guess the less disparity between majority of teams the better overall competitiveness you get so games are still enjoyable and media can reflect that,

But although the gap between top and next 6 or so is smaller this year the bottom 3 are utter toss

9 minutes ago, Nalis said:

When is there ever more than two teams challenging though? Think back to Man Utd/Arsenal rivalries, the league was just them two. Then Chelsea came into it and Arsenal faded away. Recently it’s been Liverpool/Man City. Three teams challenging, which may happen this season, is rare.

People put down the quality of the league but the lower half has always been poor.

I feel the opposite. Think the Premier League quality is great this season.

Some of the "smaller" teams like Aston Villa, Brighton, Brentford are capable of great football on their day in totally different ways. Spurs have been highly entertaining.

Everyone except the bottom 3 can really make it difficult for anyone on the day. Its why the points totals at the top are lower than normal....everyone can take points off each other.

And whats more hardly anyone is playing tippy tappy, almost everyone is playing pass and move aggressive football, getting it forward with good quality. Even those who counter attack.

Been the best Premier League for a long time IMO

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Bowen has been such a good signing for West Ham

I thought he wasn't good enough for us when he was at Hull

I am surprised one of the top 4 clubs haven’t gone for him.

• Like 1