Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

Guest Col city fan

I don’t give a shiny shite about Spurs, but I do feel here for Ang.

He seems a no nonsense, say it how he sees it, kinda chap, away from the usual rehearsed bollox they are all taught to spout these days.

But it looks like this heralds a major decline in Spur’s fortunes and I’m not sure he knows what to do about it.

It could be that the manager of the month over the past few, is left with egg on his face.

I hope not personally. He’s good for the game.

Edited by Col city fan

Guest Col city fan
15 minutes ago, Master_Tactician said:

I feel the opposite. Think the Premier League quality is great this season.

Some of the "smaller" teams like Aston Villa, Brighton, Brentford are capable of great football on their day in totally different ways. Spurs have been highly entertaining.

Everyone except the bottom 3 can really make it difficult for anyone on the day. Its why the points totals at the top are lower than normal....everyone can take points off each other.

And whats more hardly anyone is playing tippy tappy, almost everyone is playing pass and move aggressive football, getting it forward with good quality. Even those who counter attack.

Been the best Premier League for a long time IMO

Completely agree.

I think ‘the average’ has gone up in the Prem. Sheffield aside, who are Championship level.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Never understood why some managers playing a certain style is deemed naive and one dimensional.

Ange playing one system and one system alone is deemed "good for the league" "really ballsy". 

Ange's style is ballsy. He takes forward risk and the style is attractive. Until they had injuries to key players they were looking great. Theyve got no Kane either whos arguably THE best in the world.

Youd call Dyche "one dimensional" but hes a perfect fit for everton's players and crowd, they like that direct balls in the box style. They like the energy, the tackles. It fits. Obviously it wouldnt at Man City but they aint Man City

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

As mentioned before, the 10-point deduction has done very little harm to Everton.

Much to their credit on the pitch, admittedly, quite possibly.

The penalty should also have been that they could not play any players that they signed after they breached the rules, that would have hurt them far more than the points deduction

• Like 1

Lovely stuff West Ham. Won’t be long until the spurs fans turn on the manager now . You keep spurs quiet and with in a goal by half hour you have a good chance of winning the game they seem to fly out from kick off for about half hour then go to shite. 

4 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

I'm a bit confused and I don't know why, I must be tired: Spurs player backpasses to his GK and the GK touches the ball with both hands to deny a clear goal scoring opportunity. Why this violation isn't punished at least with a yellow card? Does this incident fall under the advantage rule? 

I guess the goal is considered punishment enough without also giving the keeper a yellow (or even a red for denying a goal scoring opportunity?) 

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I guess the goal is considered punishment enough without also giving the keeper a yellow (or even a red for denying a goal scoring opportunity?) 

If Ward-Prowse wasn't in position for the initial shot which rule applies? In my eyes this is no different to a GK handling the ball out of the box to prevent a goal scoring opportunity. Red card and indirect free kick?