Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

31 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Injuries have shown up their lack of depth in the squad .

In fact almost 80% of the team is the same dead wood Spurs fans wanted out the previous season(s). The individual talent of Madders (even if he stayed healthy all season) and the quality of Son can't make a huge difference in a 38 games season. Ange tries to sweep the defensive problems under the carpet by going all attack and praying his team will be lucky enough to at least match the goals count of the opposition. 

Ange will learn the hard way that West Ham isn't Hibernian and Brighton isn't Hearts. He'll have to adapt soon, if not he'll be gone by next summer. Will Still plays a similar style of football at Reims but he's 2 classes above Ange tactics wise. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Injuries have shown up their lack of depth in the squad .

Yet, from the start they had they’re only really missing Van De Ven and Maddison. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

How does everyone feel about Villa? Can they sustain this momentum? Im

just waiting for idiots to start saying their gonna do a Leicester lol.

In what way? You mean bottle top 4 or win the league? They're quite lucky man utd, spurs and Chelsea are so bad this year. They should take advantage and get 4th

Edited by don_danbury

5 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

They've been excellent but they've be fortunate with injuries, less than a handful. The real test over the course of a season will be when they get an injury list similar to that of Newcastle. Injuries were a major contribution to us not getting 4th.

Edited by Nalis

8 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

I dont think theyll win the league but i think they are in race. Shocks me that theyve only got two strikers at the club. Which maybe their downfall later. Wont be surprised if they go out in search of a striker in January.

8 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Oh it only seems like yesterday Spurs were top and now they are dropping like a stone 🤣 

Love the form table right now. Spurs play Newcastle next. An interesting one as i think Newcastle will want to bounce back pretty quickly. Forest where they deserve to be.

image.thumb.png.6015a02a0eb4c3431bb9095081c40f5f.png

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Love the form table right now. Spurs play Newcastle next. An interesting one as i think Newcastle will want to bounce back pretty quickly. Forest where they deserve to be.

image.thumb.png.6015a02a0eb4c3431bb9095081c40f5f.png

One game against the top 6 that I'd rather actually see Spurs win is against Newcastle.

Won't happen but I hope they do win it. Would be brilliant to see another non traditional top 4 team win it. Especially considering they were in a relegation battle before Emery joined last season.

Can't begrudge them doing so well. Must be in could nine right now and crowing at how good it all is.

It won't last. Either Emery will go or his honeymoon period will disappear next season, but just like when we were riding and enjoying the good times in 15/16 and 19/20-20/21, drink it in and enjoy seeing another name in the top four instead of the usual suspects.

The only annoying thing was a Villa-fan pundit on the Totally Football Show on Thursday. He was massively underdogging them, how they went down in 2016, nearly went bust, as if they've clawed their way back from the brink. At the end of the day they've spunked a load of money and they've got a good manager who is bringing it together well.

21 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Can't begrudge them doing so well. Must be in could nine right now and crowing at how good it all is.

It won't last. Either Emery will go or his honeymoon period will disappear next season, but just like when we were riding and enjoying the good times in 15/16 and 19/20-20/21, drink it in and enjoy seeing another name in the top four instead of the usual suspects.

The only annoying thing was a Villa-fan pundit on the Totally Football Show on Thursday. He was massively underdogging them, how they went down in 2016, nearly went bust, as if they've clawed their way back from the brink. At the end of the day they've spunked a load of money and they've got a good manager who is bringing it together well.

I wouldn't call it a honeymoon period, he's been at Villa for a year now. You said it yourself in the last paragraph, he's a good manager.

He needs to win a trophy. Then I would imagine a bigger club might come calling.

Just now, Fox92 said:

I wouldn't call it a honeymoon period, he's been at Villa for a year now. You said it yourself in the last paragraph, he's a good manager.

He needs to win a trophy. Then I would imagine a bigger club might come calling.

That's fair, maybe honeymoon is overstating it. I would argue, though, that he is the lynchpin, and with football being (financially) hierarchical & cyclical, if he leaves, or the 2024/25 season may see them regress back to the norm.

Basically I doubt very much that it's set to become the "big 8" joining Newcastle up there. However, they should enjoy every second while they can. Anything is possible this season for them with no runaway. Could be very interesting if they have a good Xmas period.

10 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Oh it only seems like yesterday Spurs were top and now they are dropping like a stone 🤣 

I said in October when they had the open top bus celebration parade that it was all a bit premature 😂😂

• Haha 1

Why is he so obsessed with punditry as if it's the only possible route a footballer can take when they hang their boots up? Does what (name of ex-footballer) says for the two half time minutes in between webyuyanycar.com adverts really matter that much to him? 

Vile little bloke. 

40 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Joey Barton in being a complete and utter bell shocker!

Anyone else reckon he's lining himself up fpr one of those free speech type podcasts?  The ones where bigoted racists can talk to other bigoted racists about bigoted racist type stuff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, purpleronnie said:

Anyone else reckon he's lining himself up fpr one of those free speech type podcasts?  The ones where bigoted racists can talk to other bigoted racists about bigoted racist type stuff.

While claiming THERE BEEN SILUNCED

• Haha 1