Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

Seem to have seen so many of these tackles in pre-season, which frankly is ridiculous. I wonder if the number of competitive friendlies and preseason competitions is adding to the increase of these? 

Especially from a player like Reece James who has been injured every other month lately.

36 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Seem to have seen so many of these tackles in pre-season, which frankly is ridiculous. I wonder if the number of competitive friendlies and preseason competitions is adding to the increase of these? 

Especially from a player like Reece James who has been injured every other month lately.

I read the tweet before viewing the video. 

Was expecting a high 2-footed aggressive lunge from about 5 feet. 

Nowhere near as bad as made out from the description. Criminal and banned for life lol

Nah. It's not that bad. 

Edited by StanSP
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Read the tweet before viewing the video. 

Was expecting a high 2-footed aggressive lunge from about 5 feet. 

Nowhere near as bad as made out from the description. Criminal and banned for life lol

Nah. It's not that bad. 

Honestly I ignored all of the tweet minus the clip, I saw the tackle and reminded me of the lunge on Fofana a few years back. 

It's not great, he's lunged on a half planted ankle and watch his leg start to bend. Just think pre season has stopped being about preparation and has become full of stupid challenges like the above

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Honestly I ignored all of the tweet minus the clip, I saw the tackle and reminded me of the lunge on Fofana a few years back. 

It's not great, he's lunged on a half planted ankle and watch his leg start to bend. Just think pre season has stopped being about preparation and has become full of stupid challenges like the above

Hmm I don't see a lunge as such. Just very mistimed. 

Agree about pre-season. Seems to have a lot more spice these days. Martinez did a very dirty tackle on a Real player a couple weeks ago. That was a lunge! 

What also annoys me is rivals playing each other - Sevilla played Betis last night ffs!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

If Fulham receive ANY money for this it needs looking in to lol 

Reminds me when we made Benik Afobe permanent for £10m after having him on loan from Bournemouth, then sold him for £12m a week later to Stoke! :cool:

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, The Bear said:

£35m is a lot of money for a backup to Trippier. I guess he'll play in the post European games mainly. 

Guess it's a long term replacement potentially?

How old is Trippier now - 30s maybe.

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

If Fulham receive ANY money for this it needs looking in to lol 

But would have they done anything wrong as such?

He agreed a contract then obviously had a change of heart.

Guess a few lawyers might be on the case.

10 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Guess it's a long term replacement potentially?

How old is Trippier now - 30s maybe.

But would have they done anything wrong as such?

He agreed a contract then obviously had a change of heart.

Guess a few lawyers might be on the case.

“Tony, offer Willian a new contract… then a week later I’ll call up and wave some Saudi money at him and Chuck you £10m to fund a new signing you actually need…” 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Quite a few news reports suggesting that Julen Lopetegui is set to quit Wolves. unhappy over lack of transfers activity. 

Here's one Dean Smith to end up at Wolves by the end of the month.

Be one of Jorge Mendes’ mates 

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Quite a few news reports suggesting that Julen Lopetegui is set to quit Wolves. unhappy over lack of transfers activity. 

They're just rehashed stories of the interview he gave to Ballague. Zero new quotes or info.

For some reason The Mirror have done a story on it late and everyone else has piled on for clicks.