Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

Get  the feeling from these comments on the BBC website that Howard Webb isn’t a fan of the handball rule either particularly but says they have to adhere by it.

The law states that any contact with an attacker's hand or arm - even accidental - which then leads to a goal being scored immediately has to be penalised," said Webb.

"You're not alone in not liking this particular law, but this is actually a really good on-field decision by the referee, in that respect. The law requires him to penalise when he sees that contact on Havertz's arm.

"It's not intentional, but it still has to be penalised. I think the idea was that if it comes off the arm, it can't be a fair goal - that was the reason why this law came in.

"It was decided by the International Football Association Board [Ifab]. The laws are always under review, maybe it will change, but in this circumstance, the referee did absolutely the right thing."

Edited by Super_horns

Surely it has to come down to; did the player gain an advantage from using their arm. If the ball would have ended up in the net anyway, then the goal should stand.

We are looking for way too many reasons to disallow a goal at the minute and it’s not working.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2023 at 10:05, RoboFox said:

If we'd have sacked twat Rodgers when we should've I think Emery would've been attainable for us given where we were.

Imagine how different our fortunes could've been.

This keeps running through my mind.  What a wasted opportunity.

41 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

What will the likes of Joey Barton think of this ?

Be foaming at the mouth !

It's ridiculous though, it's the PL highlighting the fact he's a black referee. He was brilliant when he reffed our game a few weeks ago, and I thought it won't be long until he's in the PL. Not because he's black, because he was brilliant and didn't fall for any playacting and was consisting in booking players for the same offences. The league needs the best referees, why bring the colour of his skin into it because thats what they are doing.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lcfcsnow said:

It's ridiculous though, it's the PL highlighting the fact he's a black referee. He was brilliant when he reffed our game a few weeks ago, and I thought it won't be long until he's in the PL. Not because he's black, because he was brilliant and didn't fall for any playacting and was consisting in booking players for the same offences. The league needs the best referees, why bring the colour of his skin into it because thats what they are doing.

Not sure the comment was regarding Sam Allison... 

25 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

We did great to off load our crooked players in Barnes, Chilwell and Fofana for good money 😏

You aren't wrong.

Both Chilwell and Fofana broke down pretty quickly after leaving. 

Chilwell had a decent year winning the CL, but then has flopped since.

• Like 1