Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

5 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

This Yates. Gotta be the worst regular starting player in the PL, surely. Probs the championship too actually.

Skipp down there too. Awful when I watched him for England against France u23s back in the summer

4 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

This Yates. Gotta be the worst regular starting player in the PL, surely. Probs the championship too actually.

Let's face it, they aren't a great side. They needed a good transfer window to steer clear of trouble again this season, but they just haven't improved.

As poor as the three promoted sides are, Forest and Palace are likely to give at least one of them half a chance of survival. That'll be great for us next season if we go straight back up because it guarantees that there'll be some utter garbage in the bottom few.

2 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Let's face it, they aren't a great side. They needed a good transfer window to steer clear of trouble again this season, but they just haven't improved.

As poor as the three promoted sides are, Forest and Palace are likely to give at least one of them half a chance of survival. That'll be great for us next season if we go straight back up because it guarantees that there'll be some utter garbage in the bottom few.

Palace is the mascot of the PL, they're like Casper the ghost. Week in week out they're playing some games, suddenly you see them in a relegation battle and after a moment they're back safe. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Forest play like an upmarket pub team. You really should expect more for a team that has had a lot of money thrown at it. 

The problem is that there doesn't seem to be much of a strategy so there is little coherence in the playing style. With us, we'll spend a decent wedge if promoted as well but Maresca will be dictating a lot of it to ensure that we have ball-players from the defence forwards. Forest just look like a side who've panic bought anyone who'll come.

30 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

It is a strange one as even the initial problem seemed minor at the time.

I feel for Harvey tbf, I really don’t think he was one that ever pushed for a move and fancy he would have stayed had we not been desperate for the money.

Hope he gets back to his best soon

Also annoys me that the money we'd get from taking legal action to Everton would've let us keep him. 

I'd love to be able to bring him back once we got promoted. 

• Like 2