Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

23 minutes ago, Bilo said:

The problem is that there doesn't seem to be much of a strategy so there is little coherence in the playing style. With us, we'll spend a decent wedge if promoted as well but Maresca will be dictating a lot of it to ensure that we have ball-players from the defence forwards. Forest just look like a side who've panic bought anyone who'll come.

I'm not sure how much of a hand Steve Cooper had in all of those signings. 

I think they will stay up this season, but it feels like it's built on sand. 

27 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I'm not sure how much of a hand Steve Cooper had in all of those signings. 

I think they will stay up this season, but it feels like it's built on sand. 

Yep, they will go down eventually, and I agree I don’t think Cooper wants to sign a million players a season. I have respect for him has a manager to be able to keep them up to be honest 

1 minute ago, don_danbury said:

just seen gary neville saying this villa side is equal or better than out title wining side lol good one gary 

What an idiot, villa are good though, but they aren’t any better than what we expect imo, great manager but far from the city team of 15/16, where is their Kasper, Morgan, Kante, Mahrez and Vardy 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

We truly had a world class team in 15/16 no question about it… these idiots need to stop this ridiculous comparisons with teams that can’t get close to a title win. It is funny because they are more than willing to say the players we had where world class but because we are Leicester they think we did it with junior Lewis and Ade Akinbiyi… no the leicester team of 15/16 smokes most teams in the world 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

11 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Yep, they will go down eventually, and I agree I don’t think Cooper wants to sign a million players a season. I have respect for him has a manager to be able to keep them up to be honest 

What I will say that stylistically he's starting to look more like a modern day Tony Pulis. Lots of longballs, dirty fouls and long throws. It's not long ago that he was considered a very forward thinking manager but the football Forest are playing is very one dimensional. I think he will have enough to keep them up but they nay want to look elsewhere in the summer if they seriously want to progress. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

We truly had a world class team in 15/16 no question about it… these idiots need to stop this ridiculous comparisons with teams that can’t get close to a title win. It is funny because they are more than willing to say the players we had where world class but because we are Leicester they think we did it with junior Lewis and Ade Akinbiyi… no the leicester team of 15/16 smokes most teams in the world 

will always happen i suppose when a team does reletively well. i remember the debates back in 2019 on sky asking if that side was better than the title winning side. from what i remember i think even heskey said the 2019 side is better. obviously it wasnt lol 

Edited by don_danbury
  • Haha 1

Just now, BenTheFox said:

What I will say that stylistically he's starting to look more like a modern day Tony Pulis. Lots of longballs, dirty fouls and long throws. It's not long ago that he was considered a very forward thinking manager but the football Forest are playing is very one dimensional. I think he will have enough to keep them up but they nay want to look elsewhere in the summer if they seriously want to progress. 

Well I disagree, he is playing the football with the players he has got, trying to get the best from a limited side… so not his football but the chairman’s 

1 minute ago, don_danbury said:

will always happen i suppose when a team does reletively well. i remember the debates back in 2019 on sky asking if that side was better than the title winning side. from what i remember i think even heskey said the 2019 side is better. obviously it wasnt lol 

You look at the amount of goals we scored, it was incredible… if you mention Kante and Mahrez the idiot pundits forget they played for leicester lol 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

just seen gary neville saying this villa side is equal or better than our title wining side lol good one gary 

Our more limited players i.e. Simpson, Okazaki, Albrighton etc. wouldn't get anywhere near this Villa side but at the same time they don't have anyone who is at the level of Kante, Mahrez or Vardy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

Our more limited players i.e. Simpson, Okazaki, Albrighton etc. wouldn't get anywhere near this Villa side but at the same time they don't have anyone who is at the level of Kante, Mahrez or Vardy. 

Or Kasper, martinez is shit, Morgan is also better than any defender they have 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

Just me that thinks he has a point then lol

While Villa probably have more quality as a squad, we had mental and physical traits that were just insane that season, as well as no consistent challengers. Compared to the winning machines of years gone by anyway 

Edited by Stinkenzo

2 minutes ago, Stinkenzo said:

While Villa probably have more quality as a squad, we had mental and physical traits that were just insane that season, as well as no consistent challenges. Compared to the winning machines of years gone by anyway 

15/16 leicester thrash villa, no doubt I respect villa I like them as a club and great fans… just the idiot pundits being clueless. I want villa to break the sky 6 and I expect they can and got a great team for sure. We lost just 3 games that season and to only 2 teams… just stop the stupid comparisons I say 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

Just now, Stinkenzo said:

While Villa probably have more quality as a squad, we had mental and physical traits that were just insane that season, as well as no consistent challenges. Compared to the winning machines of years gone by anyway 

our side of 2019/2020 is more comparable 

6 minutes ago, Stinkenzo said:

I don't think it's that outrageous of a statement. In terms of football ability you would probably have one or two more Villa players if you did a combined 11. However, our best players from that season are head and shoulders above their best players. Also, the team spirit and resilience of our title winners was unlike anything seen in team sport. 

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I don't think it's that outrageous of a statement. In terms of football ability you would probably have one or two more Villa players if you did a combined 11. However, our best players from that season are head abd shoulders above their best players. Also, the team spirit and resilience of our title winners was unlike anything seen in team sport. 

I respect villa, they have a great squad and manager, just lack the world class spine we had… so it is somewhat a clueless statement because you need several world class players to win the league, villa don’t have that. It annoys me that many don’t consider we had a world class team, yet if you name the players the pundits and the like will be saying yes world class. Anyway we are the club that had Kane and Vardy sitting on the bench in the Championship. I don’t think many would bench world class superstars like we did 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

5 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I don't think it's that outrageous of a statement. In terms of football ability you would probably have one or two more Villa players if you did a combined 11. However, our best players from that season are head and shoulders above their best players. Also, the team spirit and resilience of our title winners was unlike anything seen in team sport. 

like you say, our best players were head and shoulders above theirs. they dont have 3 players anyway near the level of vardy , kante or mahrez. so its pretty stupid of neville to say they are equal or better than that side. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

like you say, our best players were head and shoulders above theirs. they dont have 3 players anyway near the level of vardy , kante or mahrez. so its pretty stupid of neville to say they are equal or better than that side. 

Absolutely, it isn’t about having just great players, you need truly world class to win the PL, villa have a great team just lack the world class superstars we had, and yes Morgan is world class 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

just seen gary neville saying this villa side is equal or better than our title wining side lol good one gary 

You’re f****** joking I hope Gary old chap . Not one of their side would get in to the prem winning city team 

he also went on to mention how poor the league was that season, but doesnt mention how diluted it is this season with the likes of luton, sheffield utd, forest, palace, bournemouth, burnley & chelsea falling off a cliff lol

fraud of a pundit. looks at only the big sides improving and not the pl as a whole 

• Haha 1

well h

3 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

he also went on to mention how poor the league was that season, but doesnt mention how diluted it is this season with the likes of luton, sheffield utd, forest, palace, bournemouth, burnley & chelsea falling off a cliff lol

fraud of a pundit. looks at only the big sides improving and not the pl as a whole 

Well how many times did the media darlings Man U win the league with less than our total… and how many European champions were from the PL during that era ? How many teams won the league with only losing to two teams. It is nonesense and propaganda rubbish 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

6 hours ago, Stinkenzo said:

It’s just come across wrong.

On paper, Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool etc all had better squads than us that season.

We captured lighting in a bottle. If Villa win the league this season, it won’t match what we did, however it would be impressive. 

We are unique. 

7 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

It might be a bit of a Catch-22, though. Stoke went south as soon as they got rid of Pulis because they didn't have the players to play the kind of football that the board wanted, and you get the same impression from Forest. Imagine Maresca being lumbered with Yates, Boly and Worrall. 

1 hour ago, Bilo said:

It might be a bit of a Catch-22, though. Stoke went south as soon as they got rid of Pulis because they didn't have the players to play the kind of football that the board wanted, and you get the same impression from Forest. Imagine Maresca being lumbered with Yates, Boly and Worrall

:ph34r: