Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

9 hours ago, don_danbury said:

he also went on to mention how poor the league was that season, but doesnt mention how diluted it is this season with the likes of luton, sheffield utd, forest, palace, bournemouth, burnley & chelsea falling off a cliff lol

fraud of a pundit. looks at only the big sides improving and not the pl as a whole 

When its a big team on top while Man City are below par its a 'competitive' premier league.

When we were top in the same circumstances is a 'poor' premier league....

17 minutes ago, Nalis said:

When its a big team on top while Man City are below par its a 'competitive' premier league.

When we were top in the same circumstances is a 'poor' premier league....

Who actually cares, we won the league when teams like Man U are spending a few billion to develop and do so 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

In the last 3 seasons Villa have signed at least 7 players that have individually cost more than the combined cost of our Leicester City title Champions, I think we can safely say that there will never ever be a club “ Doing a Leicester” again.

As for many of the pundit comments of are they a better team, man for man throughout I wouldn’t say so… but coached probably yes.

I just wish pundits would explain (or be challenged) on what they mean and why they say x,y,z instead of these throw away comments simply tagged against the fact a club doesn’t come from the traditional top 6!

How's this not a red card to Ederson? It wasn't inside the box and the double jeopardy rule doesn't apply here. Since when goalkeepers are allowed to act like CBs? The foul denied an obvious goal opportunity because Ederson was late at the ball and his rush outside of the box failed miserably. What's going on? 

Just now, Fear Of The Fox said:

How's this not a red card to Ederson? It wasn't inside the box and the double jeopardy rule doesn't apply here. Since when goalkeepers are allowed to act like CBs? The foul denied an obvious goal opportunity because Ederson was late at the ball and his rush outside of the box failed miserably. What's going on? 

Answer: it's Ederson

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Glad he's sat up and alert but for your own sakes, Tom, just fvcking retire now. I know it's sad. But most people that collapse on a football pitch aren't lucky enough to live to do it twice. 

I imagine the club's insurers will probably end up making the decision for him as happened with Clive Clarke.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Glad he's sat up and alert but for your own sakes, Tom, just fvcking retire now. I know it's sad. But most people that collapse on a football pitch aren't lucky enough to live to do it twice. 

Exactly. Health is beyond any job. Imo players who had heart surgeries should not be allowed to play at this level even if they're willing to take the risk or their doctors allowed them to compete again. Same applies to Eriksen. 

1 minute ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Exactly. Health is beyond any job. Imo players who had heart surgeries should not be allowed to play at this level even if they're willing to take the risk or their doctors allowed them to compete again. Same applies to Eriksen. 

Eriksen and Daley Blind both had defibrillator devices fitted.

Is there a reason Lockyer didn't? Was it a different condition?

Game off.

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Eriksen and Daley Blind both had defibrillator devices fitted.

Is there a reason Lockyer didn't? Was it a different condition?

Game off.

I guess he has a different heart issue? I don't know. What I know well though is that you don't mess around when you have heart problems and certainly it's a big risk competing in high tempo football games like in PL. 

• Like 1