Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

2 hours ago, ian__marshall said:

How on earth are Chelsea able to sign yet another player?!? £38m isn't exactly a small fee either. Surely they have to be close to breaching FFP. 

PayPal Credit would b my guess - it’s so easy to buy stuff you don’t need and can’t afford.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Would be an awful way to stay the year for them

Been looking in to this a bit more as my mate claimed their technical director fella was 'some random european bloke' (my mate loves Moyes)

Seems Steidten has a pretty good record and 4 good years at Leverkusen is decent pedegree! 

This stinks of Moyes throwing his toys out the pram and not listening to a modern data lead approach.

Anyway seems like West Ham fans would be delighted if he left.

3 hours ago, ian__marshall said:

How on earth are Chelsea able to sign yet another player?!? £38m isn't exactly a small fee either. Surely they have to be close to breaching FFP. 

Flogged a load of players off to Saudi with my help of the investors 

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

Been looking in to this a bit more as my mate claimed their technical director fella was 'some random european bloke' (my mate loves Moyes)

Seems Steidten has a pretty good record and 4 good years at Leverkusen is decent pedegree! 

This stinks of Moyes throwing his toys out the pram and not listening to a modern data lead approach.

Anyway seems like West Ham fans would be delighted if he left.

Issue seems to be the 2 have very different ideas on who they should bring in which would tally with what you say.

Old school manager clashing with a new modern technical man. 

Jeez.

Report: Spurs listen to fan feedback in order to improve atmosphere at stadium - Spurs Web - Tottenham Hotspur Football News (spurs-web.com)

The culture has got so bad in England that we now need 'surveys for a drum' and it has to be 'trialed'.  And that the drummer 'wont be drumming all the time like in the bundesliga'

lol

1 hour ago, Mr Mister said:

Aston Villa and Nottingham Forest will finish way outside the top 10 and finish somewhere between 15th to 20th.

Villa who have a top 10 or 20 manager in the world and a pretty handy squad?

1 hour ago, Mr Mister said:

Aston Villa and Nottingham Forest will finish way outside the top 10 and finish somewhere between 15th to 20th.

Doubt that Emery has made Villa force, Europa League or maybe champions league is not impossible for them. Forest I'd agree with.

10 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Someone who is going to be a bloody good player 

Meh. We'll see. 

Depends how crushed his confidence gets when everyone is on his back expecting him to be Haaland just because he's big, scandi and expensive. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Meh. We'll see. 

Depends how crushed his confidence gets when everyone is on his back expecting him to be Haaland just because he's big, scandi and expensive. 

I think every Danish footie fan is shocked by the price as well. More than twice as expensive as the next Dane on the list (Joachim Andersen).

Transferred three times (!) since Jan '22 - fair to say his rise has been meteoric.

I don't quite understand the fuss about him yet, but maybe we'll see at Man Utd. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

West Ham & Sheff United both just got battered in their final pre-season matches

We just beat Rennes 3-1. They beat Forest 9-0 last week. 

I'm in a bad mood though. You'll understand why later today. 

Edited by The Bear

1 hour ago, shen said:

don't quite understand the fuss about him yet, but maybe we'll see at Man Utd. 

The problem he's going to have is the fact that football punditry in this country is poor let alone fans general footballing awareness. 

The story is just going to be that high fee + central striker = must score goals. 

Think there's a very real chance that what Ten Hag really wants is a Bobby Firmino, he wants someone to play the ball vertically to who can hold it up, occupy centre backs and help bring the like of Rashford and Sancho in to the game. 

If he contributes goals then great but I doubt anyone involved in the decision at United is expecting him to be a 20 a season goal scorer but that'll be the public expectation. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Meh. We'll see. 

Oh no don’t get me wrong, I’d never compare him to Haaland but think this guy has definite potential to be brilliant for United.

Levy is so funny actually doesn’t care does he. I know he scores a lot for spurs but surely you would take the 100 odd mil they offered even if a few instalments with him only having a year left 

3770235C-2EF8-4FF6-8388-4869364D13DD.jpeg