Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

7 minutes ago, martyn said:

Luton confirmed that Lockyer suffered a cardiac arrest. 

Fvck.

Was it as serious in the Play-Off Final?

Incredible work by the paramedics. Football stadiums are probably the safest place to be if that happens to you.

Hope he recovers fully and I hope Rob Edwards (and everyone else who witnessed it) is OK.

Pretty distressing to see him on the pitch in tears.

Let's hope Luton or Wales find him a coaching role, similar to what Spurs did with Ryan Mason.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Guest ChrisWalken456

Burnley are so pants, they have nothing about them. Sheff Utd and Luton are crap too but at least they have a bit of spirit. 

10 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

A lot of talk of Hag leaving if they lose, when there's various talk of them getting beaten easily.

Why do you think that’s too much? Lose tomorrow and that’s 8 league games lost, same as Palace and more than Everton. It’s a club getting worse and worse and Ten Hag needs to take his share of the responsibility. 

How long till we see Potter there?

15 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

A lot of talk of Hag leaving if they lose, when there's various talk of them getting beaten easily.

The problem isn't only ETH (who is obviously another mediocre, stubborn manager). They have at least 6 players that need to be dropped and put in the transfer list: Onana, Fernandez, Rashford, McTominay, Dalot, Amrabat... 

They need a manager who will get rid of all the above plus more. 

That said they need to do a lottery and pick someone from the season ticket holders. Or give the job to someone like Will Still. 

8 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Why do you think that’s too much? Lose tomorrow and that’s 8 league games lost, same as Palace and more than Everton. It’s a club getting worse and worse and Ten Hag needs to take his share of the responsibility. 

How long till we see Potter there?

Zidane

Manchester City are weaker than last season. Gundoguan and Mahrez are amongst the worlds most elite players and they haven’t been replaced. KDB injured long term has also hurt them. 

The league is changing and I’d like Aston Villa to really push to win the title. The Premier League needs the top 6 having the hose point out of joint. 

• Like 1

It's concerning that Lockyer was given the all clear to return to playing after his heart surgery given what has now happened. There is lots we do not know of course at this point, but that advice looks concerning.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sly said:

Manchester City are weaker than last season. Gundoguan and Mahrez are amongst the worlds most elite players and they haven’t been replaced. KDB injured long term has also hurt them. 

The league is changing and I’d like Aston Villa to really push to win the title. The Premier League needs the top 6 having the hose point out of joint. 

To be honest I can’t see past anyone other than Arsenal or Liverpool for the title 

2 hours ago, Corky said:

I think Lockyer will retire now. Horrible way to finish a career but no career is worth risking health for. Good luck to him.

There’s not even a question. I hope he makes a full recovery. 

• Like 1