Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

7 minutes ago, The Bear said:

When is Hojland going to be dubbed a flop? 

Almost Christmas and 0 goals, 0 assists in the league this season and cost £72m.

Fairly sure his record for his former club wasn't amazing either really.

Just another absolutely bizarre Man Utd signing him.

Edited by walkerleeds

Some will ,some won’t..!,

This season,being we don’t have any PL interest. I like the fact they are irritating

theReal big boys. ( Though the strongest Midlands club),another cork in Spurs bottles ( themselves a financial minor in the PL Top 6)

Playing good Football,return to Europe presently successfull..

I Like their manager,team good to watch,with ex-foxes player starting to make his mark. Championed against our ex-foxes now England player, now repairing bottles,

giving them a right to compete with this Midlands A.Villa,

for those coveted top 4.positions.  

1.A.Villa

2. Spurs

Free emotion honourary cards This  season only…

26 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Fairly sure his record for his former club wasn't amazing either really.

Just another absolutely bizarre Man Utd signing him.

He’s a big blonde Scandinavian - I’m pretty sure they saw what their neighbours brought in and were straight onto Temu! 

14 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Brentford fans saying the ref /VAR robbed them of a win after Mee was sent off .

Not sure they can have many complaints?

Although guess other like minded tackles haven’t earned Red cards .

If Bailey’s foot is planted it’s a red all day long and probably breaks his leg but as his foot is up lucky for him it swings back with the tackle it then becomes subjective to an individual so probably why ref initially gave a yellow and is then swayed by VAR 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Love it how sky give the build up to these box office games... and end up being non event of the year.

Been a few good ones tbf but this wasn't going to be as Man U were always going to sit back and it needed Liverpool to score.

34 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Has Klopp blamed the referee for that yet ?

Could say the one big decision went Liverpool's way and had it been much earlier in the game could have created a lot of controversy (i didn''t realise Dalot got two yellows at once which seemed a bit harsh..) 

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 1

Although the positives out of a match with little to no excitement was that it didn't end up as the Carra and Nev show with bants flying about and screeching every time the ball went near the penalty area.

Even kept Drury under control with his pre-prepared lines not required.

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

If Bailey’s foot is planted it’s a red all day long and probably breaks his leg but as his foot is up lucky for him it swings back with the tackle it then becomes subjective to an individual so probably why ref initially gave a yellow and is then swayed by VAR 

Yea not sure they can have any excuses but there were other incidents which didn’t go their way which could have done .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67743738

This is such bullshit. They don't condemn it in the slightest, they love and encourage it, I assume they think it rattles the away team. 

It's happened so often that if they really "condemned" it they'd do something about it. They're a multi billionaire owned sports club, one of the biggest in the world, they spend tens of millions on each player. They could afford to hire more security, make infrastructure changes or otherwise police the crowd around arrival to stop it happening. They never do. 

• Like 3

Honestly, this kind of tin-foil bullshit really is ridiculous. I'm so sick of people trashing referees in this way. You can think the standard is shit (though you get the quality from the abuse you give tbh) and you can want better, but to write something as unhinged as this. Another classic 1+1 = 3,424.

It's like people actively want violence or horrific abuse of officials to continue.

You can bet your bottom dollar any of the "big" clubs fans could build a case like this and make it seem convincing enough to bring into question a referee's integrity.

2 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Honestly, this kind of tin-foil bullshit really is ridiculous. I'm so sick of people trashing referees in this way. You can think the standard is shit (though you get the quality from the abuse you give tbh) and you can want better, but to write something as unhinged as this. Another classic 1+1 = 3,424.

It's like people actively want violence or horrific abuse of officials to continue.

You can bet your bottom dollar any of the "big" clubs fans could build a case like this and make it seem convincing enough to bring into question a referee's integrity.

Manchester United tweeter is dillusional muppet shocker. 

Any United fan with the audacity to go on to social media and moan about unfair treatment from refs should be permanently banned from posting on the internet. 

• Haha 1

How would everyone feel if Villa did manage to grab the title?

Pissed off that it would be framed in a similar way to ours?
Delighted because it's another 'up yours' to the elite?

I'm torn, part of me would love for a shock to never happen again, but on the flipside I bloody love Emery, have no issues with Villa as a club and actually think the way they're playing and the results they're getting would make them worthy winners. 

Quite amusing after years of horrendous overspending they might come close with a rather modest (net) spend in comparrison. 

Just now, AjcW said:

I'm torn, part of me would love for a shock to never happen again, but on the flipside I bloody love Emery, have no issues with Villa as a club and actually think the way they're playing and the results they're getting would make them worthy winners. 

Quite amusing after years of horrendous overspending they might come close with a rather modest (net) spend in comparrison. 

Irrelevant because they won't 

But mostly I just don't give a shit 

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Meh - so long as it's not Florist/Spurs, who cares? :P

• Like 1