Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

Guest ChrisWalken456
20 hours ago, The Bear said:

When is Hojland going to be dubbed a flop? 

Almost Christmas and 0 goals, 0 assists in the league this season and cost £72m.

Said this to a Man Utd fan at work yesterday before the game, they've already got the excuses lined up "he ain't getting the service", "he's having to help out the midfield, not his fault".

He's a dud.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/13033358/ref-watch-why-was-man-utds-diogo-dalot-sent-off-for-dissent-but-not-liverpool-striker-darwin-nunez

On Dalot getting sent off for dissent:

"Whether you like it or not, that is the remit referees have been given this season. That is why there is such a high number of yellow cards for this type of offence." 

On why Nunez wasn't sent off for the same offence:

"It's so so difficult because this is not an exact science.

"On the one hand, you say to me I don't want two yellow cards for Dalot, but two minutes later you say you want a yellow for Salah and three for Nunez.

"I have nowhere to go. Whichever way I jump, you will say I'm wrong." 

The absolute state of that drivel! We want the same punishment for everyone you fvcking moron Dermot Gallagher. It's exactly what is so wrong with refereeing at the minute. They make up different excuses to try and justify whatever the ref does. 

Edited by The Bear

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/13033358/ref-watch-why-was-man-utds-diogo-dalot-sent-off-for-dissent-but-not-liverpool-striker-darwin-nunez

On Dalot getting sent off for dissent:

"Whether you like it or not, that is the remit referees have been given this season. That is why there is such a high number of yellow cards for this type of offence." 

On why Nunez wasn't sent off for the same offence:

"It's so so difficult because this is not an exact science.

"On the one hand, you say to me I don't want two yellow cards for Dalot, but two minutes later you say you want a yellow for Salah and three for Nunez.

"I have nowhere to go. Whichever way I jump, you will say I'm wrong." 

The absolute state of that drivel! We want the same punishment for everyone you fvcking moron Dermot Gallagher. It's exactly what is so wrong with refereeing at the minute. They make up different excuses to try and justify whatever the ref does. 

Should be the same for all really .

BTW I thought Coful was very lucky to not get sent off v you guys.

But then the Newcastle lad got away with an elbow against Jimenez who then retaliated and got sent off himself (which was fair - eventually )

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 1

Guest ChrisWalken456
18 hours ago, ChrisWalken456 said:

Said this to a Man Utd fan at work yesterday before the game, they've already got the excuses lined up "he ain't getting the service", "he's having to help out the midfield, not his fault".

He's a dud.

Now it's in the media.

Screenshot_20231219_105116_Sky Sports.jpg

17 minutes ago, ChrisWalken456 said:

Now it's in the media.

Screenshot_20231219_105116_Sky Sports.jpg

lol Bloke missed Man Utd's only clear cut chance of the game against Liverpool.

When a striker isn't performing nowadays the excuse is always "lack of service".

26 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

lol Bloke missed Man Utd's only clear cut chance of the game against Liverpool.

When a striker isn't performing nowadays the excuse is always "lack of service".

That headline says "due to poor finishing" in the same sentence man lol 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

They might improve to begin with but this is no way to run a football club long term. The constant turnover of players followed now by I assume will be a merry go round of managers will eventually drag them down be it this season or next. 

As we're seeing with Brentford, Villa, Brighton etc, the way to succeed as a PL club in the current era is future investment and to try and build something.

3 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I can't decide if that's a good appointment or not. The issue for him is there will be discontent if he doesn't start well. Their game on Saturday at home against Bournemouth is massive. Lose that and they're in trouble. 

It's the least imaginative appointment possible. They're bang on trouble if Luton can drag themselves out of it

• Like 1

NES is a bizarre appointment. My nan could have got that Wolves side promoted and they seemed to function on momentum thereafter. He was atrocious at Spurs and didn't set the world alight even in Saudi Arabia. His career trajectory appears to be going in the opposite direction you'd want for a team lacking cohesion, confidence and failing to improve. Every chance Forest drop for me.

4 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

It's the least imaginative appointment possible. They're bang on trouble if Luton can drag themselves out of it

I watched them on Friday and they were very committed but the football was poor. They looked like a modern Stoke on Tony Pulis. Wolves played decent football under Nuno for a couple of years but had very good players in Neves, Moutinho, Jota, Jiminez etc. Towards the end they looked very turgid though. 

Edited by BenTheFox