Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

4 hours ago, Lionator said:

They might improve to begin with but this is no way to run a football club long term. The constant turnover of players followed now by I assume will be a merry go round of managers will eventually drag them down be it this season or next. 

As we're seeing with Brentford, Villa, Brighton etc, the way to succeed as a PL club in the current era is future investment and to try and build something.

Where did it go wrong for us then...

24 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Exactly what Cooper has done since Forest have been in the Premier League. 

So same football that isn't working but without the enormous goodwill that Cooper has generated?

I'm looking forward to this!

Just now, Bilo said:

If they manage to get relegated from a Premier League that has those three in it, they're never living it down. 😂

Next year is the one. They'll luck it this year but they are toast next year.

Knowing their luck though Ipswich will lose McKenna in the summer and some dross like Norwich will somehow win the playoffs.

I don't get why Forest fans love Cooper so much.

Yeah, he got them promoted, I get that. But singing his name after getting spanked 5-0 and insisting he needs to stay?

Doesn't make sense.

Yeah, the owner is nuts, but he's sacked Cooper to protect his asset and try to make sure they stay up and progress.

The new choice of manager is a different subject, but if the crazy Greek is spending this much money, he's not exactly trying to sabotage the club.

Cooper had run his course.

He'll get a decent job in the Championship. Still ugly as sin though.

Edited by tom27111

1 hour ago, Golden Fox said:

Informed comment on the BBC website about Cooper:

image.png.da40316e1b2ff446026775e4bbff62ee.png

Apparently, sacking Brendan was the reason we went down! He left us in the relegation zone with 10 games left to play, but clearly the relegation was nothing to do with him...

Not sure why you felt the need to open up old wounds by posting that. 

23 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Yeah, he got them promoted, I get that. But singing his name after getting spanked 5-0 and insisting he needs to stay?

Doesn't make sense.

Yeah, the owner is nuts, but he's sacked Cooper to protect his asset and try to make sure they stay up and progress.

The new choice of manager is a different subject, but if the crazy Greek is spending this much money, he's not exactly trying to sabotage the club.

You're probably not aware what's going on with their owner. I reckon Forest fans follow the news and rumours about Marinakis and this is one of the reasons they're behind Cooper and supporting him. 

40 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Next year is the one. They'll luck it this year but they are toast next year.

Knowing their luck though Ipswich will lose McKenna in the summer and some dross like Norwich will somehow win the playoffs.

They actually are Blind Luck FC.

Lucked out getting promoted when Moss had bouts of selective blindness in the play-off final and lucked out staying up by playing the likes of Liverpool and Arsenal when they were bang off form. It was always going to run out of course, and now they look absolutely honking.

The reality is that the bottom five of the Premier League are utter shit and at least two will stay up, which is great for us next season provided we don't completely nause up promotion.

39 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Doesn't make sense.

They're weird. They're Forest fans. It's not going to make sense to anyone else, anyone normal. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

You're probably not aware what's going on with their owner. I reckon Forest fans follow the news and rumours about Marinakis and this is one of the reasons they're behind Cooper and supporting him. 

Shouldn't affect the football side of things.

They're shit and going down under Cooper, why are they so happy about that?

10 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

They're weird. They're Forest fans. It's not going to make sense to anyone else, anyone normal. 

Let's face it; accidentally getting promoted and shithousing their way to a 16th place finish is as good as it gets for any Forest fan under 40.

15 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Shouldn't affect the football side of things.

They're shit and going down under Cooper, why are they so happy about that?

Because they believe Cooper is the one keeping this team together? They were shit last year also, the owner will keep doing dozens of transfers as he does at Olympiakos. They'll never achieve anything in PL under Marinakis and the football on the pitch will be unattractive all the times. They need to hold on into something and it's Cooper. 

Edited by Fear Of The Fox

Just now, Fear Of The Fox said:

Because they believe Cooper is the one keeping this team together? They were shit last year also, the owner will keep doing dozens of transfers as he does at Olympiakos. They'll never achieve anything in PL under Marinakis and the football on the pitch will be unattractive all the times. They need to hanf on into something and it's Cooper. 

They'll never achieve anything under Cooper. 

2 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

This what I'm saying. They're overachieving by surviving 2 years in the PL under Cooper. Their fans are happy with this and they're genuinely scared a change will make things worse under this ownership. 

OK, but my point is they should stay up this year, purely because other teams are worse.

Now is probably the perfect time to change manager.

6 months before the season ends and they can do business to build and progress.

That would never happen under Cooper.

It might not happen under this owner, but they stand a better chance than they did.

• Like 1

Forest will stop up with or without Cooper. It’s just a very predictable boring appointment in Nuno. The 3 promoted sides will go down. They could and should of looked abroad at Glasner, Fischer, Genesio and Garcia. Who knows we might be in a similar position this time next year as Forest. I hope we aren’t.  

4 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Forest will stop up with or without Cooper. It’s just a very predictable boring appointment in Nuno. The 3 promoted sides will go down. They could and should of looked abroad at Glasner, Fischer, Genesio and Garcia. Who knows we might be in a similar position this time next year as Forest. I hope we aren’t.  

I can't see Luton going down. They're better than Forest. 

7 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

I can't see Luton going down. They're better than Forest. 

Luton have plenty of fight in them.

They could be like last year's Forest, ironically enough, or they could be like Blackpool a few years ago. Either way, I don't see them gone early.

If they're not completely cut adrift by March or April, they're not a side I'd want breathing down our necks trying to survive because they'll pick up results left and right against teams with nothing to play for and don't fancy it.

• Like 1

Not A lot of difference in quality in all honesty, between us, Ipswich and Leeds, then the bottom 6 or 7 in the Premier League.

I’d fancy us to beat Forest currently, like the last load of times we played them, then lost. 

Just now, Bilo said:

Luton have plenty of fight in them.

They could be like last year's Forest, ironically enough, or they could be like Blackpool a few years ago. Either way, I don't see them gone early.

If they're not completely cut adrift by March or April, they're not a side I'd want breathing down our necks trying to survive because they'll pick up results left and right against teams with nothing to play for and don't fancy it.

I’d really like them to stay up, as they’ve unique. 

7 minutes ago, Sly said:

I’d really like them to stay up, as they’ve unique. 

I just don't buy into the narrative that all three promoted teams will go straight back down on the basis of their slow starts. They're beginning to improve and look more competitive, especially Luton, and the likes of Forest and Palace look stagnant. 

At least one stays up imo.

5 minutes ago, Bilo said:

I just don't buy into the narrative that all three promoted teams will go straight back down on the basis of their slow starts. They're beginning to improve and look more competitive, especially Luton, and the likes of Forest and Palace look stagnant. 

At least one stays up imo.

Although it looks massively unlikely right now, I still think Burnley could have an upturn in form.

Scoff all you like, it can just click, especially when you're a lost cause. Remember 2014/15? :ph34r:

Edited by tom27111
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Although it looks massively unlikely right now, I still think Burnley could have an upturn in form.

Scoff all you like, it can just click, especially when you're a lost cause. Remember 2014/15? :ph34r:

I don't disagree. They play lovely stuff and have some real talent. The only lost cause for me is Sheffield United, and even they will be a tougher prospect under Chris Wilder. 

• Like 1