Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

31 minutes ago, Seventyseven said:

Bit daft given they potentially missed out on automatic after poor decisions away at Bournemouth when they had a decent goal chalked off. 

You would think VAR would be perfect for that terrible decision yesterday, just another example of why it’s unfit for purpose in its current state. 

So you're saying these decisions balance themselves out? 

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

No but people don’t seem to be aware of that even the Forest manager .

It’s a classic example of the sort of conversation that took place before VAR after a controversial decision.

Seen some refs (presumably) say winning the ball doesn’t matter as Boly went in with force and and not in control of his actions

Pretty much, a classic example of a ref having not fully seen the tackle in live play. Not a lot can be done there, if the officials have flagged it as a yellow.

This for me is a huge issue with the game in general. There are so many sub rules and interpretations that refs give wildly different things 

• Like 1

On 22/12/2023 at 21:57, The Bear said:

Hmmm. Sheff Utd player goes down holding his face/head, ref says play on... 

Yet next time it happens the ref will probably stop play for a head injury. 

Zero consistency from one game or even minute to the next. 

There are two ways to get consistency on head injuries. One is to give each player a whistle so they can stop play whenever they want. The other is for the players to stop cheating by faking injury. 

4 hours ago, Bilo said:

So you're saying these decisions balance themselves out? 

Well yeah they obviously do. But you seem to be suggesting a team doesn’t have cause for complaint due to a previous decision going for them.

I’d prefer it if we could just have some competent officials. 

I, like many predicted Wolves to struggle after the goings on during the summer, it was a carbon copy of what went on with us the previous summer.

Their previous manager didn't want to be there and credit to him walked away, and credit to O'Neil making them resolute and dare I say it build a siege mentality, unlike what we were last season.

• Like 2