Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

20 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Think this is a hugely slippery slope to go down. Banning an official from officiating your team because of a mistake? It'd be like banning a player from playing against a certain side because of a time they'd been sent off.

The sour grapes of that horrible little club will make it all the funnier when they eventually drop. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Think this is a hugely slippery slope to go down. Banning an official from officiating your team because of a mistake? It'd be like banning a player from playing against a certain side because of a time they'd been sent off.

Nuno has form for slagging off referees from his time at Wolves. Called out Lee Mason as not being good enough for the Premier League. 

Edited by The Bear

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Few teams have tried it in the past I think?

Apparently the Bournemouth manager got booked for demanding a yellow card in the game - maybe even for the incident that saw Boly sent off ?

So presumably they’d be kicking off if a red card hadn’t been given or a penalty awarded later in the game and Forest  won?

Edited by Super_horns

9 hours ago, The Bear said:

Great win. What a home record we have after losing the first two games of the season. 

Merry Christmas FT'ers ya filthy animals!! 

Thought your boys were bang on it earlier.

Executed a perfect game plan.

You could have won by more, but all Sky bleated on about was "Chelsea's missed chances"  Bullshit.

Virtually nothing about how good Wolves were. Matt Murray kind of tried, but it didn't fit the narrative.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Thought your boys were bang on it earlier.

Executed a perfect game plan.

You could have won by more, but all Sky bleated on about was "Chelsea's missed chances"  Bullshit.

Virtually nothing about how good Wolves were. Matt Murray kind of tried, but it didn't fit the narrative.

And yes, before anyone says it, would have been a totally different game had Sterling squared a ball when it was 3 attackers on the keeper, but he didn't.

Wolves were great and fully deserved the points.

O'Neil has completely surprised me actually.

At the time of his appointment, I thought Wolves were waving the white flag.

He looks the real deal, to be honest.

Home form is superb, give him a couple of transfer windows to potentially strengthen and improve the away form.

What you reckon @The Bear?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tom27111 said:

And yes, before anyone says it, would have been a totally different game had Sterling squared a ball when it was 3 attackers on the keeper, but he didn't.

Wolves were great and fully deserved the points.

O'Neil has completely surprised me actually.

At the time of his appointment, I thought Wolves were waving the white flag.

He looks the real deal, to be honest.

Home form is superb, give him a couple of transfer windows to potentially strengthen and improve the away form.

What you reckon @The Bear?

He's been better than expected that's for sure. Started off with a bad run but got better and better as he had more time with the players. Another little blip recently and the away form isn't great, but the home form is class. 

It helps that he comes across very well in interviews and seems intelligent and thoughtful too. And the players have clearly bought into what he wants and work really hard for him. They've not had much rotation or rest but they still leave it all out there on the pitch which is a great sign. 

We'd be doing even better if some of the really dodgy decisions hadn't gone against us and VAR done it's job properly. Probably 4-5 points worth which would see us comfortably inside the top 10.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Jones has form v Forest, he ****ed up when they were at old Trafford earlier in the campaign. 

I think people need to take off their anti Forest hats and realise the standard of officiating is awful and that it will be happening to us in big games soon enough. Will we just sit there like nodding dogs as it happen? 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Seventyseven said:

Jones has form v Forest, he ****ed up when they were at old Trafford earlier in the campaign. 

I think people need to take off their anti Forest hats and realise the standard of officiating is awful and that it will be happening to us in big games soon enough. Will we just sit there like nodding dogs as it happen? 

On the one hand, you're right.

On the other hand, Forest have had such an absurd amount of blind luck over the past two seasons that it's pure schadenfreude. Horrible little club getting what they deserve. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bilo said:

On the one hand, you're right.

On the other hand, Forest have had such an absurd amount of blind luck over the past two seasons that it's pure schadenfreude. Horrible little club getting what they deserve. 

I've honestly never seen a fanbase with a bigger 'perpetual victim' mentality, certainly not in this era. And yes, I include both Merseyside clubs in that equation.

It's easy to have a skewed perspective given they're our local rivals, but even on neutral boards like Reddit it's constant. Seen plenty of Forest fans tie themselves into knots trying to explain why they're being targeted and ending up losing sympathy from neutrals.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

I've honestly never seen a fanbase with a bigger 'perpetual victim' mentality, certainly not in this era. And yes, I include both Merseyside clubs in that equation.

It's easy to have a skewed perspective given they're our local rivals, but even on neutral boards like Reddit it's constant. Seen plenty of Forest fans tie themselves into knots trying to explain why they're being targeted and ending up losing sympathy from neutrals.

It's because they think their long-forgotten glory days gives them a permanent right to a seat at the top table, and the only explanations they can come up with as to why they're never going to be there again is conspiracy.

It's not because they're a small club who briefly punched massively above their weight and have been shit for 25 years, it's because there's some vast conspiracy to stop the sleeping giant they see themselves as being from rising again.

• Like 1

There’s to much whinging and ticking about refs and var, are they really that bad in the overall scheme?

How many minutes are played every week, how many split decisions do they have to make in all those minutes? Yes of course there will be mistakes but it’s not in the numbers people seem to think.

Every decision is highlighted to the x degree and depending on club, player, manager & official will depend on how much noise is made thereafter.

Forest trying to stop an official from ever running one of their games is beyond words, if I was part of the FA I’d just say ok he was due to run x,y,z games in the schedule you don’t want him therefore you forfeit the game, pts to the opposition!

Officials are well paid with the top 1s earning 200k per year but does that mean they can’t make the odd mistake, if we started highlighting ever error a player makes to the same degree papers would be inches thick asking how does a player on 200k per week (not per year) miss that open goal etc

For all the worry about Ai and how it will take jobs it’s funny some think it should replace officials on most decisions to get away from that “human” element, why not just replace the players with Ai as well and be done with it.

It’s just another nail being driven in to the decline of what we used to call sport and what it stood for!

It used to be a day out with the kids, mates, grandparents etc and you walked away chatting amongst yourselves and by the time you got home or down the pub you’d moved on to the next part of your weekend.
Now it’s all about win at all costs and if you didn’t there had to be an individual to blame & then spend the rest of the week trying to tell someone why it was their fault, it was the officials, the stadium atmosphere, ‘x’ player, managers selection, conspiracy etc etc…jeez life’s to short!

Edited by BKLFox

21 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

Forest look terrible. I did not realise how poor they are, really hope either Burnley or Luton (Sheff  Utd will go down) can string some results together to go above them

Not watching this one (watching Leeds as they are the best team in history), but the recent forest games i saw under Cooper they looked terrible. Nuno is a poor appointment, and i think if Luton can take Sheffield today they are in big big trouble.

• Like 1