Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

18 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Its awful isnt it?

Forest seem to play teams at exactly the right off-form time to get a result. Happened so many times last season too.

One class finish, but rest you'd expect from players at most levels. 

Quality in the league is much lower than usual. 

7 minutes ago, lnkstern said:

Of interest (at least to me):

Sam Allison is reffing Sheffield United v Luton Town today.  He reffed one of our matches a couple of months ago and performed well.

The media is predictably wanking on about the fact that he is black.  I am more interested in the fact that he is a former player who has successfully moved on to high-level refereeing.  Happy to see competence being rewarded.

Comms have mentioned the fact he used to be a successful semi pro player and how he can use that to manage the game better. 

Also interested to see how he manages to game having not had VAR before. 

I'm expecting him to be more set on decisions.

Already enjoyed him telling people to go away 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, lnkstern said:

Sam Allison is reffing Sheffield United v Luton Town today.  He reffed one of our matches a couple of months ago and performed well.

The media is predictably wanking on about the fact that he is black.  I am more interested in the fact that he is a former player who has successfully moved on to high-level refereeing.  Happy to see competence being rewarded.

A competent ref? Is that allowed? :P 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, lnkstern said:

Watford at home if I remember correctly. Best ref at KP for ages. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bilo said:

I see nothing here to suggest we can't at least survive in the Premier League. Honestly, I think we finish between 12th and 16th with the squad we have right now with proper coaching.

Behave. Our squad playing like we do will get hammered. 

we need some seriously good additions to compete and bonkers/arrogant to think otherwise 

20 minutes ago, Seventyseven said:

Behave. Our squad playing like we do will get hammered. 

we need some seriously good additions to compete and bonkers/arrogant to think otherwise 

By most of the top 10, yes.

We absolutely give teams like Burnley, Luton, Sheffield United, Forest and Palace a good game though.