Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

8 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Man utd really seem lost.  I can't see anything changing whilst the Glaziers are there.  Of course changing ownership doesn't guarantee any improvements.  Maybe those 90's glory years will never come back?

That was one of the freakiest things ever to happen.

For all of those glory years, the basis of the squad was mainly home grown and came through the youth team.

Yeah, they spent an absolute shit-load of money to maintain staying at the top, but players like that don't come through an academy within a few years of each other. It'll  never happen again.

In the late 90's/early 00's, there were probably another 20 players in the Premier League that came through that academy and were still making a decent living in the game at other clubs.

Robbie Savage springs to mind.

8 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Benefitted from beating two big out of form teams. Will be massive 'I was there' moments for their fans though so fair play.

Would have likely been 3 out of 3 for Nuno but for that terrible Boly red card decision. 

Edited by The Bear

3 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Man utd really seem lost.  I can't see anything changing whilst the Glaziers are there.  Of course changing ownership doesn't guarantee any improvements.  Maybe those 90's glory years will never come back?

Man U heading back to the era where they didn’t win a title for 26 years?

I mean it’s already been 12 I think.

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 1

Guest Col city fan

Just watched the highlights (very few of them!) of the Forest v Utd game.

Just watch how so many Utd players stop after Erikssen’s shot is saved and Forest get forward on the counter.

There is NO running back from any of the Utd midfielders, leaving Gibbs-White all the time in the world to pick his spot.

No busting a gut for the team, which encapsulates Utd right there in an instant I think.

Guest Col city fan
2 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Dodgy signings by Ten Hag to his former club Ajax.....82m for Antony.....one of the biggest robberies in world football 

The amount of money they’ve wasted on players! 
Antony, Maguire, Fred, Der Beek, Hojland?, Casemiro (well past his best after just one season), Erikssen (too slow now).

The Glazers HAVE spent a bloody fortune over the years, but it’s been spent so appallingly!