Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

Man Utd aren't proactive in the market haven't been for sometime. They are reactive; they allow other clubs to sign the best talent, then make their own eyebrow raising transfers, often overpaying for a player (usually past their prime) with no regard to a strategy/philosophy of football they want to implement (whatever that is under EtH). 

They are badly ran, poorly managed and a complete circus. They're best player atm is a 35 year old J. Evans. 

They are still paying Sancho £350k a week to play Xbox and train with the kids. 

I can't even call them lucky for that earlier. Fully deserved the win and I fully expect them to survive now after a wobble maybe a week ago. Never mind. Lets give them a couple of beatings next year instead.

Manchester United though. Bloody hell. They really are horrifically bad and there is no end in sight whatsoever either. Their ownership change is just essentially a double down of the Glazers. It's been a decade since they won a league and I'd bet good money they do another.

10 hours ago, tom27111 said:

That was one of the freakiest things ever to happen.

For all of those glory years, the basis of the squad was mainly home grown and came through the youth team.

Yeah, they spent an absolute shit-load of money to maintain staying at the top, but players like that don't come through an academy within a few years of each other. It'll  never happen again.

In the late 90's/early 00's, there were probably another 20 players in the Premier League that came through that academy and were still making a decent living in the game at other clubs.

Robbie Savage springs to mind.

Just shows you how good Fergie was

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I can't even call them lucky for that earlier. Fully deserved the win and I fully expect them to survive now after a wobble maybe a week ago. Never mind. Lets give them a couple of beatings next year instead.

Manchester United though. Bloody hell. They really are horrifically bad and there is no end in sight whatsoever either. Their ownership change is just essentially a double down of the Glazers. It's been a decade since they won a league and I'd bet good money they do another.

Nah, they'll win the Championship soon enough.

On a serious note, it's mindboggling that they've lost almost half their games, but are still in a European qualifying position.

I thought with all the hype around Ten Hag that Man U would start to steady the ship and make them more consistent, if not title contenders. Alas he is just the next manager who has so far failed to stop the rot.

They are the prime example that highlights how spending with no strategy or plan is an absolute waste.

I get the feeling with Ratcliffe there's a good chance there will be more absurd spending but it won't improve anything. 

They need a Pearson style clean out and reset imo.

10 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

Are Fulham ever going to fully open that new stand? Or are the prices so high they can’t sell the tickets😀

The contractor doing the internal fit out went into administration, so it's not finished which means they can't get a safety certificate to open it. They'll be desperate to charge the tourists £150 to sit there. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, winteriscoming said:

I would. The comparison with us and them winning the league would be unbearable. The media would say villa’s was better than ours when clearly it isn’t. 

This - I don't mind them being fairly successful and stuffing over most of the so-called 'big-6',  but actually winning anything? Nope :P 

• Like 1