Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

I've never really noticed it, certainly to the extent I do now...but I've seen so many mistakes in the premier league so far, similar to the ones we always make playing out from the back, whereby they are always punished.

Tottenham's first today for example.

Not sure we fully appreciate how many mistakes we have gone unpunished for this season thanks to opposition strikers being horrific.

Even Mads for example.  I rate him but if some of his passing was against premier league opposition,  he'd have been responsible for numerous goals conceded.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, adejo92 said:

I've never really noticed it, certainly to the extent I do now...but I've seen so many mistakes in the premier league so far, similar to the ones we always make playing out from the back, whereby they are always punished.

Not sure we fully appreciate how many mistakes we have gone unpunished for this season thanks to opposition strikers being horrific.

Even Mads for example.  I rate him but if some of his passing was against premier league opposition,  he'd have been responsible for numerous goals conceded.

human nature draws you to mistakes but it’s a game of percentages 🤷‍♂️ 

6 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Its been going on from Prem to non league for a good few years. I dont know how you haven't noticed it haha

Football league goal show is like 20% goals scored from teams trying to get their caveman defenders to play like Pirlo.

5 hours ago, filbertway said:

Its been going on from Prem to non league for a good few years. I dont know how you haven't noticed it haha

Football league goal show is like 20% goals scored from teams trying to get their caveman defenders to play like Pirlo.

I think it's probably not so much that I've not noticed it completely,  but I've never noticed it as a direct risk to our style of play and relative to the mistakes we make week in and week out.

Right now, we forgive it because we just end up looking at the person sat next to us, raise an eyebrow & watch the opposition striker sail the ball out for a throw in.

People will be less forgiving watching Mads pick the ball out his net after every dodgy pass.

3 hours ago, adejo92 said:

I think it's probably not so much that I've not noticed it completely,  but I've never noticed it as a direct risk to our style of play and relative to the mistakes we make week in and week out.

Right now, we forgive it because we just end up looking at the person sat next to us, raise an eyebrow & watch the opposition striker sail the ball out for a throw in.

People will be less forgiving watching Mads pick the ball out his net after every dodgy pass.

It will be the same for the 1st time Mads gets lobbed, there will be uproar from fans and ridicule from ‘pundits’ & media but as I mentioned it’s a game of percentages with risk v reward.

Thing is Mads HAS to play so high because we play fan’s favourite Vestergaard carrying out his role but as I say risk v reward we are 25 games in and it’s not happened once yet so in a season you might find it happens once, twice at a push in the premier league which doesn’t add up to sacking it off and have him stay in his box.

Just now, Fear Of The Fox said:

Am I getting blind? How's this a penalty? It should be a straight red card for simulation instead. Great penalty kick from Salah. It reminded me when I was 4yrs old. 

I can see why the referee gave it, it felt like a late desperation lunge.

Then the question becomes, is there enough to overturn… I’m surprised the referee didn’t take a trip to the monitor.

Just now, Nalis said:

Salah starts for Liverpool, our AFCON players are gone already. Not that we needed them today but double standards much?

Given this is part of the round of games in late December… there’s some justification 

5 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Nunez must be the most frustrating player to have play for you gets in decent positions but can’t finish 

Add in Liverpool’s uncanny knack of ballsing up critical passes in the final third - it’s crazy that they’re top!

Just now, Super_horns said:

Bruno Guimaraes lucky not to get booked again ?

He is on the same level on c***ish ness as Bruno Fernandes . Newcastle are horrible