Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

53 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I can empathise with Wolves. Last summer we were getting clobbered by FFP and now it's seemingly their turn. It's no coincidence that two clubs that have dared to try and upset the established order have had to suffer the consequences. We all know that FFP is a rigged system designed to keep the established order intact. It's not an excuse for us going down last season because ultimately that squad should have done better, but not being able to add to the squad doesn't help. 

It played a part but we also had £70m of signings from the year before barely involved and the owners possibly wondered what would be different.

The quality this season is possibly the worst of all time from the teams at the bottom of the table, even considering bottom half last season and the 3 promoted clubs. Some about of absolute dross will stay up as a result.

Spurs playing Barça in a friendly right now, 2 minutes in they're 1-0 down. Dier & Sanchez somehow still their first choice CB pairing lol

Maddison not even in the squad :blink:

Edited by Jaspa
thought Madders was on

2 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

I can empathise with Wolves. Last summer we were getting clobbered by FFP and now it's seemingly their turn. It's no coincidence that two clubs that have dared to try and upset the established order have had to suffer the consequences. We all know that FFP is a rigged system designed to keep the established order intact. It's not an excuse for us going down last season because ultimately that squad should have done better, but not being able to add to the squad doesn't help. 

It catches up with all promoted teams eventually. When you first come up with low wages and low amortisation it’s free spending… then you reach the point you just can’t keep spending like that. Neither we or they will be the first or last.

• Like 1

This Sheff United getting less points than Derby stuff has been listening to too much talkSPORT no one will ever get less than 11 points, that was in a different era of football. Sheff United may well go down but they'll get 20 ponts +

On 21/07/2023 at 12:58, The Bear said:

If we didn't have a decent manager in Lopetegui, I'd heartily agree. The noises coming out of the club are depressing. A bit like your summer 12 months ago, we apparently don't have a pot to piss in. 

He hasn't yet. And likely won't. 

Relegation it is then mate?

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Relegation it is then mate?

Definitely a bigger possibility. Our XI is stronger than last season, but no quality in depth, even though we have 2 players per position apart from ACM and CB. 

Edited by The Bear

Serious issues at Wolves it seems? Another team being mismanaged? @The Bear

I think Luton and Forest are gone…. And it really depends how Wolves react to this? But at the moment sorry to say @The Bear you’re my third unfortunately. 

As much as I would love Everton to go, but you might get out of it because there’s so many poor teams…. Anyone from 10th down can go I think….. it’s really a lottery. 

• Like 1

Sheff Utd and probably Luton seem very much likely to go back down, particularly the former. Reluctantly had to sell their two best players. 

We look a mess from the outside but in terms of the team we are ok. All the outgoings this summer were needed (apart from Neves, who was already replaced last season). 

Edited by The Bear

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Sheff Utd and probably Luton seem very much likely to go back down, particularly the former. Reluctantly had to sell their two best players. 

We look a mess from the outside but in terms of the team we are ok. All the outgoings this summer were needed (apart from Neves, who was already replaced last season). 

To be fair, seconds thoughts….. I definitely think Forest will go, so it could be as clear cut as those three go. To be fair I think it will be an incredibly dull season.

Man City win it and the usual names in the top six, probably one place battled out for the CL between Spurs, Newcastle and Chelsea… with Brighton and Brentford sitting in the middle.

20 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Reckon Luton will shithouse enough at home and have most sides underestimate them enough to stay up.

• Sad 1

Sounds like they have know he was going for a bit but asked the guy to stay on whilst replacements were interviewed.

Only surprise is that it's taken so long. 

Wolves fans complaining O'Neil will be defensive and dull.

Not sure they were much more than that at times themselves?

10 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

From the outside it looks like lopetegui is protecting himself rather than showing faith in his ability to manage. Managers either quit like he is or wait to be sacked, see Rodgers. 

Fits with numerous moments in his career. Bit of an odd personality. 

Surprised Wolves have appointed a manager whose not one of Uncle Jorge’s men 

Edited by CosbehFox

9 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Reckon Luton will shithouse enough at home and have most sides underestimate them enough to stay up.

I could see that too. Read somewhere that F*rest had the narrowest pitch in the PL last season which probably explains how they were able to sh1thouse so many narrow home wins, backed by a crowd well up for a season in the PL for the first time in decades. Luton have similar vibes - except they've not signed a 100 new players like F*rest!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

West Ham to pay £30m for Maguire. 

Probably work out okay for them in a team less demanding than Man Utd, but that's still a hefty whack of the Rice money to pay out for a 30y/o...

I was going to mock at first but I actually think it's got a good chance of being a decent deal for all parties. 

It's a fee that seems huge for United but I think there's a seriously good chance a change of scenery does well for him. 

He's clearly a much better player than his meme worst but his head has been gone for years and he needs a whole reset. It might be too late in his career to fully recover his confidence but if he can it'll be a really good deal for West Ham too. 

• Like 1