Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

Eddie Howe is apparently one defeat away from the sack... bit harsh. Took them from bottom of the league to the champions league and their first cup final in 24 years. Talk they want to replace him with Cooper or Potter 😳 seriously?

If you going to sack Howe at least raise the stakes think Conte could do a job at Newcastle.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Eddie Howe is apparently one defeat away from the sack... bit harsh. Took them from bottom of the league to the champions league and their first cup final in 24 years. Talk they want to replace him with Cooper or Potter 😳 seriously?

If you going to sack Howe at least raise the stakes think Conte could do a job at Newcastle.

Or if you believe  the Mail a guy from La Liga who has done a very impressive job.

Michel Sanchez

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12923367/amp/Newcastle-Michel-Sanchez-Girona-Eddie-Howe-replacement.html

Edited by Super_horns

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

I'd LOVE them to replace him with Cooper. That would be brilliant. 

Not sure why Everton/Everton fans seem to think they're the first to discover FFP is a scam. 

Every smaller team that gets near to the top falls as they can't keep up the spending required. We've seen it with us, Wolves fell away when they were consistently 7th, it'll happen to Brighton/Brentford etc. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Izzy said:

England midfielder Jordan Henderson, 33, wants to return to the Premier League from Saudi Arabian side Al-Ettifaq and will seriously consider any offers the club receives this month

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/67898899

image.thumb.png.01ce5442c6c8e4b46a79acbac560a9b3.png

I am sure sheffield united will take him on a  2 year 70k week contract. Mega money. Maybe liverpool can low ball him seeing as they are in contention for the title and he would likely want to go back there.

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

England midfielder Jordan Henderson, 33, wants to return to the Premier League from Saudi Arabian side Al-Ettifaq and will seriously consider any offers the club receives this month

I think we can also assume from this that Gerrard is going to be sacked soon.

10 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

KDH back for Man C so they will start to pull away now & heaven help the rest once Haaland returns

You're not the first and you won't be the last to make that error :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

I am sure sheffield united will take him on a  2 year 70k week contract. Mega money. Maybe liverpool can low ball him seeing as they are in contention for the title and he would likely want to go back there.

Liverpool have no need for him, especially now he looks like an idiot.  He would improve our Midfield though, this season and next.  Bargain.

On 07/01/2024 at 12:41, Izzy said:

But surely he's got so much more growing the game to do in Saudi lol

I always thought he’d finish his career back at Sunderland. Not sure since this Saudi move but he’s won everything possible at club level and played for England, not much left to do.

Oh my god, VAR actually got one right for once.

He's run into Adebayo while he's got his back turned and gone down like a sack of spuds. Commentators were SCREECHING for that to be overturned, not even bothering to point out the pathetic attempt by the defence around him to jump for one of the easiest headers they'll ever get.

I'm not looking forward to being back in this circus next season, won't lie. Don't even have any skin in the game and i'm still infuriated by it. Glad sense prevailed.

Edited by OntarioFox