Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

We sold him for a world record fee and you think we also added in a sell on clause? 

We were able to get 80m from them so I wouldn't be surprised.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

We were able to get 80m from them so I wouldn't be surprised.

Typically a sell on fee is a trade off for taking a slightly lower amount in transfer monies. It'd be extremely surprising if we sold him for as much as we did AND retained some rights to future transfer funds.

Plus it'd just be bad business on our part, United don't exactly do a lot of up selling. 

• Like 1

Sheffield United to finish bottom, Luton 19th (they'll get some good results at home) and Wolves 18th. Can't see anyone struggling as much as those 3. Think that they'll all be relegated with games to spare. 

Newcastle will have a slight drop off and be between 6th-9th, with Tottenham, Brighton and Chelsea. Villa and Liverpool to battle for 4th and top 3 Man City, Man Utd and Arsenal, in that order. 

10th-17th could be any order. 

Haaland top goalscorer, obviously. 

Wolves getting rid of Lopetegui was the right decision for them. He may be a good manager but he was kicking off about lack of investment and was unhappy. They will be better off with a manager that is willing to work with what he has got.

• Like 2

O'Neil looks a decent appointment for Wolves. Bournemouth massively improved when he took over. 

My bottom three is Sheffield United, who look an utter mess, Bournemouth and Forest.

Forest fans are in for shock this season if they think the media will care about them. Last year was their first for 20 odd years and there was a story to tell with all the new players. I can see Cooper being first manager sacked this season as I reckon their owner will not feel obliged to back him like last season. They will probably stay up as the bottom half looks bang average at best but can’t see them above 15th

I actually think Wolves will be ok. 

Sheff Utd are clearly planning for disaster given that they’ve just sold Berge. Luton could build something but will find it difficult obviously. Burnley look strong. I thought Forest might do well but they’ve been horrific in preseason. Everton will struggle again. So there’s 3 of 7/8 who could go down. 

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

How have Wolves been playing this pre season @The Bear heard someone on talkSPORT (!) last night saying you'd been ok in pre season.

Pretty good. Our last friendly we beat Rennes 3-1, who'd beaten Forest 5-0 the week before. Before that we battered Luton and should have won by a few goals but missed a load of sitters, and got a late draw against Celtic. We won all of our games in our Portugal travels. 

Screenshot_2023-08-09-18-52-59-283_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

4 hours ago, whetstonefox said:

Forest fans are in for shock this season if they think the media will care about them. Last year was their first for 20 odd years and there was a story to tell with all the new players. I can see Cooper being first manager sacked this season as I reckon their owner will not feel obliged to back him like last season. They will probably stay up as the bottom half looks bang average at best but can’t see them above 15th

In their minds their time in the premier league puts them as an Everton or Villa level coverage wise. In reality they'll get about as much airtime as someone like Brentford or Palace, if even. They'll stay up this next season which is fair enough but if they get relegated in two or three seasons time no one would bat an eyelid.

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

Comments from the likes of Varane, and now De Bruyne show how out of touch they are. You're not playing more minutes, you're playing the minutes you are supposed to play.

What a surprise... it's the big clubs moaning.

All the resources in the World and it's moan moan moan. I'm kind of glad I don't have to hear the shite that the likes of Man City come out with this season.

• Like 1