Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

The bigger irony is that the Premier League are made up of the 20 clubs and not just a random separate organisation. This is only really being brought about because of the independent regulator looming and it’s sweet delicious chaos seeing the premier league try to regulate itself :beer:

This whole "think of the fans" thing is utterly ludicous. If a loved one committed a crime then it would affect me but I don't expect them to get off the charge if it warrants a sentence because my feelings would be hurt and life altered by it.

Fans have to trust whatever the club is doing. If it messes up, we suffer by association. Shit but what it is.

• Like 4

Notts Florist  will probably avoid a points deduction.  They and their dodgy owner literally get away with murder. 

But would love it if they do...

Would fvcking make my year actually Nothing would beat it . Cvnts deserve it too especially their cocky fans.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Trent Steel said:

Notts Florist  will probably avoid a points deduction.  They and their dodgy owner literally get away with murder. 

Would fvcking make my year actually Nothing would beat it . Cvnts deserve it too especially their cocky fans.

I honestly hope they stay up a single point on the final day and then get hit with a two point deduction after the final whistle.

Lee Anderson FC can get to fook.

Edited by Bilo
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Trent Steel said:

Their owner has bigger problems. I've posted several times the past months here that Forest are in HUGE trouble. I still believe they'll end up below League One. If they avoid any points deduction this season they're still properly screwed. 

I think we'll see monumental changes the next two years in PL. Man City, Wolves and Chelsea are next. We need to take advantage of the situation, get promoted, spend wisely with clever recruitment and try to build out our way back to the top. 

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Again, same thing, stop getting angry at the authorities when the people we should all be mad at are the owners.

I said this in the Everton thread a while back I think but the difference between Man City and Everton/Forest is that there is zero risk to the future of Manchester City Football Club. The only point in enforcing "fair play" rules against them is to curb their dominance if you're the likes of United, Liverpool, Arsenal et all in the Old Guard who feel threatened. 

But Everton and Forest's owners are recklessly overspending drastically beyond their means and the crime is that it'll all be balanced with loans borrowed against the club and all of that sneaky underhanded shit so the billionaires walk away still billionaires and the club as an institution is what's left saddled with the debt. THEN the supporters and staff of those clubs are TRULY fvcked.

These sorts of sanctions are healthy for those clubs if it helps either drive bad owners out or forces them to change their practices.

And the thing about Everton is that had they gone down in the previous two seasons without a points deduction then the owner would be getting all the flak, as he was before the punishment. Now they've been hit and it's all a conspiracy to stop them, cartel, closed shop BOOO etc.

Everton lost £370 million in three years. I've seen several reports saying that relegation would all but end the club. I have no idea why they are getting so much sympathy and the MPs fighting their "cause" are doing no favours.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Corky said:

And the thing about Everton is that had they gone down in the previous two seasons without a points deduction then the owner would be getting all the flak, as he was before the punishment. Now they've been hit and it's all a conspiracy to stop them, cartel, closed shop BOOO etc.

Everton lost £370 million in three years. I've seen several reports saying that relegation would all but end the club. I have no idea why they are getting so much sympathy and the MPs fighting their "cause" are doing no favours.

It's mad that anyone can think a conspiracy would be AGAINST Everton, one of the massive old guard clubs of the Premier League.

Completely braindead. But then that's Scouse entitlement and persecution complex for you, its not unique to the red half.

1 hour ago, Corky said:

This whole "think of the fans" thing is utterly ludicous. If a loved one committed a crime then it would affect me but I don't expect them to get off the charge if it warrants a sentence because my feelings would be hurt and life altered by it.

Fans have to trust whatever the club is doing. If it messes up, we suffer by association. Shit but what it is.

I'm thinking of the fans of the two clubs in question and it makes me want it to happen even more. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Man City, Wolves and Chelsea are next. 

As soon as we sold Neves for £40m that solved our FFP problems for that 3 year period that Everton and Forest have got done for (up to 22/23 season). Then we sold another £100m worth of players last summer too so we're totally fine. Doesn't mean we can go spending silly money in the summer, but funds should be available and we'll shift another two or three off the books on top of that. 

Chelsea are fine too regarding FFP. They've spent a hell of a lot but they've also sold £450m worth of players in the last few seasons which means they will be ok. They need to keep selling players every year to offset their spending, but clubs seemingly line up for young Chelsea players like simps to a celebrity Onlyfans account!

Man City are fine regards spending too. Their issues are owner related and how they sneakily put money into the club. That won't stop them even if they get points deducted which is very unlikely. 

Edited by The Bear

This comes from The Athleic's reporting on Forest:

"By the time Forest signed Chris Wood and Jonjo Shelvey from Newcastle United last January, they knew the numbers contained all sorts of risks. They went ahead and did it anyway.

Wood signed on loan with a clause in his contract that triggered a £15m deal, on £100,000 a week, as soon as he was named in the matchday squad three times. Shelvey was given a two-and-a-half-year contract on roughly £75,000 a week and, within St James’ Park, the two transfers created something bordering on amazement. Put bluntly, they could not believe Forest thought it was good business."

Amazing they have the nerve to whine about any potential punishment with dealings like that. 

• Like 2

FFP is finally having its impact.  Just look at the current transfer window -- it’s nothing like the obscene spectacle we’ve become used to.  There are lots of sellers and few buyers, and “name” players on obscene contracts are suddenly seen as radioactive.  Clubs are finally trimming their sails to do something other than bid up fees and wages in a never-ending spiral. It’s slowing down Newcastle, who haven’t been able to continue their wild spree. 

What amazes me is that lots of nitwits defending Ev and Forest (or our fans saying let owners spend what they want) also gripe about obscene transfer fees and player salaries.

Yes, FFP locks in advantage for the richest clubs. But clubs with big advantages in turnover have always been able to outspend the rest -- until the advent of oligarchs and oil states.  The only thing a middle class club loses under FFP is the possibility that a very rich, aggressive -- and often foolish -- owner (say, an oligarch or hedge fund or oil state) can buy in and make huge, risky bets on players.

Well it looks ominous for both clubs just a matter of when not if they get their point deduction. If it’s this season Everton are surely doomed but I’ll believe it when I see it. As for Forest I’ve no idea how badly this will impact them. It’s very simple don’t do the crime if ya can’t do the time

Can someone do a BBC bitesize breakdown on the 'new' UEFA FFP rules due from this June i believe.

What i can make out is that the Loss can be £60m up from £35m but future academy investments & Infrastructure builds fall into these losses & not seperate as they are now, is that it in a nutshell & if so then its only allowing those that can afford now to pull away further doesn't it?

Or am i reading an old article very badly as i can't seem to find anything on it now :dunno:

Edited by BKLFox

27 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Can someone do a BBC bitesize breakdown on the 'new' UEFA FFP rules due from this June i believe.

What i can make out is that the Loss can be £60m up from £35m but future academy investments & Infrastructure builds fall into these losses & not seperate as they are now, is that it in a nutshell & if so then its only allowing those that can afford now to pull away further doesn't it?

If that is the case then they're literally punishing clubs for investing in their infrastructure to try and improve the club. That's one of the final nails in the top end of the game if so.