Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

15 hours ago, The Bear said:

As soon as we sold Neves for £40m that solved our FFP problems for that 3 year period that Everton and Forest have got done for (up to 22/23 season). Then we sold another £100m worth of players last summer too so we're totally fine. Doesn't mean we can go spending silly money in the summer, but funds should be available and we'll shift another two or three off the books on top of that. 

Chelsea are fine too regarding FFP. They've spent a hell of a lot but they've also sold £450m worth of players in the last few seasons which means they will be ok. They need to keep selling players every year to offset their spending, but clubs seemingly line up for young Chelsea players like simps to a celebrity Onlyfans account!

Man City are fine regards spending too. Their issues are owner related and how they sneakily put money into the club. That won't stop them even if they get points deducted which is very unlikely. 

The charges are not only FFP related. All 3 teams I've mentioned have violated financial rules regarding payments to agents etc via off shore accounts. Chelsea's former owner has dodgy payments to certain accounts. I'm 100% sure there will be major points deductions and I wouldn't write off a direct relegation punishment for Man City and Chelsea. PL is under pressure especially now they've chosen to deal with the smaller fish first. 

Everton fans on twitter crying because Richard Masters said theyre a small club 😂 I can generally say ive never met an Everton fan in my life. In their mind theyre Real Madrid. They clearly arent a small club but no one outside the UK would look at Everton and think they're a giant club

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Aren’t Everton claiming they only went over as they had loans taken out against payments for the new stadium?

They are, and they didn't, as stadium finances don't count towards FFP. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Imagine if Everton get another 10 point deduction which very much relegate then long alongside that end up with a transfer embargo. Everton may find themselves stuck in the championship for some time.

What worries me (as a Burnley fan) is that Everton and forest lose so many points, and Sheff U remain so bad, that we stop up with about 20 points and have to go through another PL season.  I would rather be relegated, because the PL with VAR is so appalling.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

What happened to the whole fit and proper owners test?

$$$$$

I sent this to my Newcastle supporting mate, who just circled the word allegedly and sent it back lol If that's your only defense that the paper has to wrote allegedly then you know your chairman is an evil bastard.

• Haha 3

On 16/01/2024 at 15:53, moore_94 said:

What happened to the whole fit and proper owners test?

$$$$$

A $74m lawsuit to him is probably the equivalent of you or I getting a parking fine.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

The sooner he leaves so Brentford go down, the better. Can't be doing with moaning Thomas Frank. Any other season and they'd be in the bottom three.

He's REALLY looking forward to playing for Brentford again...!! 

"It's obvious I'd like to play for a top club, everybody wants to play for the top clubs, fighting for titles and these kinds of things.

"So whether it's this January for a club to come in and pay the right money, who knows?"

• Haha 1

On 17/01/2024 at 17:24, The Bear said:

He's REALLY looking forward to playing for Brentford again...!! 

"It's obvious I'd like to play for a top club, everybody wants to play for the top clubs, fighting for titles and these kinds of things.

"So whether it's this January for a club to come in and pay the right money, who knows?"

Apparently he's available for the 2-2 draw with Forest on saturday.

Ivan Toney is the type of footballer that makes you hate footballers. 

8 months out on a ban and goes straight to the papers to talk about how he wants to move to a big club. 

Pure disrespect, without any care for a club who’s paid his bills while he can’t play…. for something he did to himself! 

Im probably more triggered as it reminds me of fofana but i hope the guy has lost all his talent! 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

Guest nathan.

The way sky sports are raving about the return of Toney is a joke.

David Brooks barely got a mention after recovering from cancer but this twat gets a full feature.