Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Steve Gerrard revolution make it happen 😆

What chance has Gerrard got of getting the Liverpool job?

Al-Ettifaq all chance.

• Haha 2

I can understand why Liverpool fans adore Klopp for his achievements, but my opinion of him changed forever when he went over the top calling out Hamza for an innocuous foul on Salah in his post-match interview to shift the focus away from the fact that Liverpool had just beaten us with a last-minute penalty after a clear dive from Mane.

There have been many other disingenuous or downright ridiculous comments from him since then that have further fuelled my dislike of him - and by extension the club and the fans (particularly the 'never been to Anfield' Red Tribe of NW Leics) that hang on his every word.

Not a pleasant human being, but obviously a brilliant manager, who has made Liverpool great again.

Edited by Hammo

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

What chance has Gerrard got of getting the Liverpool job?

Al-Ettifaq all chance.

Liverpool fans have red tinted glasses. Some believe his destiny is to become Liverpool manager... even though hes crap. Spoke to a couple Liverpool mates early and they said theyd welcome gerrard as manager 😆 fools.

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Jesus there's people crying on the radio fml 

Liverpool fans' whole existence is about convincing themselves their fandom "means more" and that their on-field success is both more hard-won and moral than other clubs. Ironically they are the most quintessentially English fanbase. 

4 minutes ago, bovril said:

Liverpool fans' whole existence is about convincing themselves their fandom "means more" and that their on-field success is both more hard-won and moral than other clubs. Ironically they are the most quintessentially English fanbase. 

I quite agree. In fact there fans consider themselves scouse not English.

1 minute ago, Wortho said:

People move on in life. I’ve had grief in my life but crying over anything to do with football? Not a chance.

Last game at Filbert Street? 
Relegation to League One?

DEENEY!!! 

Winning the Championship?

The great escape?
Winning the Premier League?

Nessun Dorma?

First time we heard the Champions League Music at the KP? 
27th October 2018?

Winning the FA Cup?

Football’s an emotional game.

If you’ve maintained a dry eye through all of this then maybe that says more about your own character.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Last game at Filbert Street? 
Relegation to League One?

DEENEY!!! 

Winning the Championship?

The great escape?
Winning the Premier League?

Nessun Dorma?

First time we heard the Champions League Music at the KP? 
27th October 2018?

Winning the FA Cup?

Football’s an emotional game.

If you’ve maintained a dry eye through all of this then maybe that says more about your own character.

I didn’t cry on any of those occasions. I hope that doesn’t make me a bad person.

A real event like when people I know are dying or have died. I have cried then.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

End of an era at Anfield then.

Liverpool will hope the replacement is better than how Arsenal’s replaced Wenger and Man U with .Ferguson .

He’s going to be a tough act to follow, especially as I could see Salah leaving to Saudi in the summer too.

In some way it could be sensible for Liverpool to go with a left field, easily expendable choice first so that if it works, great, if not get rid but also reduce expectations.

• Like 1

Just now, Wortho said:

I didn’t cry on any of those occasions. I hope that doesn’t make me a bad person.

A real event like when people I know are dying or have died. I have cried then.

You never felt tears of joy?

That’s a shame.

• Like 1

Just now, bovril said:

I well up a little when watching videos from the title win. Usually when drunk.

But properly crying over football as an adult is absurd.

Is it? 

There’s been plenty of posts on here “I’m in tears 😭 “ and that’s just from when Junior Lewis was playing.

• Like 1

Just now, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Is it? 

There’s been plenty of posts on here “I’m in tears 😭 “ and that’s just from when Junior Lewis was playing.

I have to say seeing little Junior and his bow legs finally making it in the big league moved me to tears, bless him

10 minutes ago, bovril said:

I have to say seeing little Junior and his bow legs finally making it in the big league moved me to tears, bless him

Look, maybe your emotions don’t manifest in tears.

But football is a truly emotional love affair that effects our mental states.

For some Liverpool fans, Klopp will be the only manager they’ve ever known. 

He’s been part of their life for almost a decade, week in, week out across each season.

The announcement was sudden and will have come as a shock - so of course Liverpool fans are going to be a mix of sad, grateful and full of wonderful memories that he’s helped bring them.

So if anyone wants to judge those Scousers that do show some raw emotion in the form of online (or real) tears in the hope of gaining some non-redeemable internet rep points, fine.

But don’t pretend that it’s not normal to feel emotional when events happen around things someone really cares about. 

Edited by DJ Barry Hammond
  • Thanks 1

As a football manager kloppers is right up there with the very best. He is the real McCoy.  As a personality within football he can thrill you, impress you, disappoint you, disgust you that’s just normal no one is perfect. As a human being outside of football we can’t judge as he does come across a genuine nice guy from all who have met him. I wish him the very best. Hope his retirement is not health related but if it is I hope it’s not anything serious. 
Hey he is a high intensity guy and feeds all around him with all his energy eventually it catches up with you. Kudos to him to now out if he feels he cannot give 100% anymore. That says he’s a man who sets high standards for himself and others.

• Like 1