Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

I feel like people are going way too far with their praise of Arsenal. I've seen people talking about them like it was some kind of David and Goliath battle with Man City last season. I may be wrong but I wouldn't imagine the spending between the clubs as been that different over the last few years.

Also their fans are delusional bells! 

Give me a Man City invincible season to really kick them where it hurts

18 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Comments from the likes of Varane, and now De Bruyne show how out of touch they are. You're not playing more minutes, you're playing the minutes you are supposed to play.

Self-irony being that an extra ten minutes is a problem but UEFA/FIFA's extra games aren't 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I feel like people are going way too far with their praise of Arsenal. I've seen people talking about them like it was some kind of David and Goliath battle with Man City last season. I may be wrong but I wouldn't imagine the spending between the clubs as been that different over the last few years.

Also their fans are delusional bells! 

Give me a Man City invincible season to really kick them where it hurts

I've found the Arteta love in a bit cringe.  Two successive 8th place finishes with enormous amount of spending has been overlookedn due to last season's efforts.  I don't want to knock last season as they were superb for large parts of it.  They need to prove this year that was genuine of the squad and manager and not just a purple patch.

27 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Arsenal have spent a fortune over the last few years. When did they last sell someone for a big fee?

Probably Iwobi to Everton lol

You're right. They've spent shit loads for little return (even in cups). Net spend of approx £580m in the last 5 seasons (2nd to Man Utd's £620m)

33 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Arsenal have spent a fortune over the last few years. When did they last sell someone for a big fee?

Their match day income is massive and they have a relatively low wage bill for a club their size. Something like half of most of the top sixes. They have always had a vary rigorous wage structure. I think this goes someway to explaining it. 

17 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I saw a theory that Kane doesn't really want to go Bayern. As soon as Spurs accept a bid, then Man Utd or someone else will come in with a better bid (or similar). Putting Levy in an awkward situation; it's why this has been dragged out.

Be interesting to see if it was correct.

Edited by Guesty

He should be all over that move unless a bigger PL club come in for him. Move to Germany, play for one of the biggest clubs in the World, win a league title and have a good at the Champions League.

Hopefully then the stupid ".. yeah but he's never won anything" will stop.

• Like 1

He needs to go or he'll regret it.

Spurs are miles off challenging for titles domestically, and even qualifying for the Champions League looks a big ask with Man City and Newcastle having essentially unlimited budgets, Liverpool likely to improve and Man United enjoying something of a resurgence under Ten Hag.

A player of Kane's ability would do very well in the Bundesliga, and at the dominant club where silverware and regular Champions League football is basically guaranteed. 

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

What a ****ed up waste of a career if he stays. Someone like him ending without a winners medal would be a crime. 

Arguably an even bigger waste than Shearer, who at least ended his career with a PL winners' medal and can say he chose his boyhood club over Manchester United when they were winning everything in sight.

As an aside though, imagine that mid to late 90s Manchester United side with Alan Shearer up front alongside Andy Cole. 

He's got to go. Always found the argument for breaking Shearers record a bit irrelevant seeing as no-one will care once any record Kane sets is broken in the future. Whereas you cant take medals away.

• Like 3

If Real Madrid were interested in him on a free next summer I'd hold fire. Else it probably makes sense to go to Bayern now given the striker situation at Man City and possibly Man Utd is now closed, and any other PL move might not be significant enough.

14 minutes ago, filbertway said:

A fit kane playing for Bayern all season could genuinely rattle in 40-50 goals

Absolutely. Lewandowski and Kane aren't a million miles away in terms of their stature and play style. Bobby Lew was scoring pretty much a goal a game for Bayern.