Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

32 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Look, maybe your emotions don’t manifest in tears.

But football is a truly emotional love affair that effects our mental states.

For some Liverpool fans, Klopp will be the only manager they’ve ever known. 

He’s been part of their life for almost a decade, week in, week out across each season.

The announcement was sudden and will have come as a shock - so of course Liverpool fans are going to be a mix of sad, grateful and full of wonderful memories that he’s helped bring them.

So if anyone wants to judge those Scousers that do show some raw emotion in the form of online (or real) tears in the hope of gaining some non-redeemable internet rep points, fine.

But don’t pretend that it’s not normal to feel emotional when events happen around things someone really cares about. 

I don't think it's not normal. I think it's silly and I doubt it's always genuine.

• Like 3

Just the 6 articles at the top of the BBC Football page all about Klopp and Liverpool :rolleyes:

The last game of the season at Anfield against Wolves will definitely be televised which is good for me so I can watch it. But it's guaranteed to be a 100% wankfest about Klopp and we won't even get a mention until 5 mins before kickoff. 

I wonder if hearing about / speaking to Sven pushed his decision forward.
Sven was managing up into his 70s I imagine he's stated a few regrets in not getting out earlier & having a life with his family, he could also then be looking at the likes of Roy H thinking do i want to be doing this past 60 let alone well into my 70s.
Pep's 53 wouldn't surprise me if he calls time within a few years also, he's done Barcelona, B Munich & Man C where does he go from there that will light the spark again? I doubt a club team would do it but National side maybe, it won't be Spain but would need to be 1 that has the resource to win a Euro's &/or World Cup.

5 hours ago, MPH said:

If Liverpool are not careful, they’ll do a Manchester United. They have GOT to get their next appointment right..

That was my first thought too. Although they’ve won everything under Klipperty they haven’t got a foothold on football in the same way United had when SAF left. Liverpool could fade away as quickly as they came into their peak. (That would be a crying shame 😂😂😂)

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

That was my first thought too. Although they’ve won everything under Klipperty they haven’t got a foothold on football in the same way United had when SAF left. Liverpool could fade away as quickly as they came into their peak. (That would be a crying shame 😂😂😂)

Salah's perfect excuse to leave now...

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

As a football manager kloppers is right up there with the very best. He is the real McCoy.  As a personality within football he can thrill you, impress you, disappoint you, disgust you that’s just normal no one is perfect. As a human being outside of football we can’t judge as he does come across a genuine nice guy from all who have met him. I wish him the very best. Hope his retirement is not health related but if it is I hope it’s not anything serious. 
Hey he is a high intensity guy and feeds all around him with all his energy eventually it catches up with you. Kudos to him to now out if he feels he cannot give 100% anymore. That says he’s a man who sets high standards for himself and others.

I agree I don't get the hate for him, I think it will be hard for Liverpool to replace him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I agree I don't get the hate for him, I think it will be hard for Liverpool to replace him.

I like a manager with a bit of passion. Klopp has that.

instead of a manager who just churns out the same generic answers after each game..

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Just the 6 articles at the top of the BBC Football page all about Klopp and Liverpool :rolleyes:

The last game of the season at Anfield against Wolves will definitely be televised which is good for me so I can watch it. But it's guaranteed to be a 100% wankfest about Klopp and we won't even get a mention until 5 mins before kickoff. 

I think the rest of season will see LiVARpool getting all the decisions as usual. 

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

The last game of the season at Anfield against Wolves will definitely be televised which is good for me so I can watch it. But it's guaranteed to be a 100% wankfest about Klopp and we won't even get a mention until 30 seconds before kickoff. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Wortho said:

Klopp won 7 major trophies. Pep won 16🤷‍♀️

Is klopp that good? I don’t think so.

Id love love to see Mourinho go there. He would proper get their piss boiling..

I'm not going to get into a pissing competition over who is better, it could be levelled at me I have an agenda against Man City and you'd be right, but i'd like to see the comparison between money spent and players at their disposal - I might be proven wrong, i've not looked into it but I'd say this in Liverpool's defence against any of the "top" clubs tbh.

I dislike Liverpool and their fans who think the worlds against them, but who's football do I prefer? Klopp and Liverpool's any day!

Edited by Matt

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Half expected the BBC banner to be grey out in respect with the manner of the articles on him ffs.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

De Zerbi to liverpool. Maresca to Brighton. 

Marsch to Leicester 

I know you're joking but if Enzo left us for Brighton I think I'd give up on football.

Edited by Nalis

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

De Zerbi to liverpool. Maresca to Brighton. 

Marsch to Leicester 

Sometimes wonder how it would have gone down had Marsch been appointed

10th in the champ with Josh Sargent and Brendan Aaronsen up front no doubt

1 hour ago, Wortho said:

Klopp won 7 major trophies. Pep won 16🤷‍♀️

Is klopp that good? I don’t think so.

Id love love to see Mourinho go there. He would proper get their piss boiling..

Probably a better return when you look at the resources/squad depth. That Liverpool 2020/21 team was probably the most dominant in premier league history. 

• Like 2