Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

Just the 6 articles at the top of the BBC Football page all about Klopp and Liverpool :rolleyes:

The last game of the season at Anfield against Wolves will definitely be televised which is good for me so I can watch it. But it's guaranteed to be a 100% wankfest about Klopp and we won't even get a mention until 5 mins before kickoff. 

Love your optimism. 

They'll mention Wolves just at the final whistle. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Probably a better return when you look at the resources/squad depth. That Liverpool 2020/21 team was probably the most dominant in premier league history. 

Man City won the league that season…

I saw something on X earlier that stated “Klopp is on the Mount Rushmore of Premier League Managers”.

Seriously …….for me. 

Ferguson 

Wenger

Guardiola

Mourinho

• Like 2

One of my colleagues told me about this as the news broke on teams. I then told two of my colleagues in the office who hadn't heard.

The look on their faces was gold lol

I can't say I like the bloke and I'm not looking forward to being surrounded by more shite than usual but you can't argue with what the bloke has done. Took him some time to get going and get rid of the mess bodgers left but you really can't argue with what he has done with the club. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sly said:

I saw something on X earlier that stated “Klopp is on the Mount Rushmore of Premier League Managers”.

Seriously …….for me. 

Ferguson 

Wenger

Guardiola

Mourinho

Hard to argue with that. Your Mt Rushmore that is, not Klopp being there

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

I've just watched the video of Klopp announcing his decision, I had only watched the news until now. I hope I'm wrong but there's something wrong here. First of all, he looks absolutely drained. He looks like he was forced to run from London to Liverpool and sit down for an interview? Then it's his body language, he's very nervous, the nervous style when you're hiding something. 

I hope it's just me being paranoid and the guy is alright though. Maybe he's really really tired and he needs a break. I don't like his antics and behaviour on the sideline but I would definitely have a (Bavarian) pint (2 litres) with him and probably it would be fun also. 

• Like 1

Beautifully made video. Yeh you can’t stop smiling watching that. Despite the kids condition his love affair with LFC is priceless. Imagine he didn’t have that in his life. It’s inspired him and given something positive to hold onto and protect.

Klopp really is a genuinely nice guy off the field. On the field like any manager he has his two sides but it comes with being so competitive. Anyway thanx for sharing that video. Football really does transcend!

• Like 3

Seen that joelinton is injured and probably played his last game for Newcastle. That with almiron on his way out wilson wanted by Arsenal and Utd things are not looking to good for them is it. Shame 

2 hours ago, Md9 said:

Seen that joelinton is injured and probably played his last game for Newcastle. That with almiron on his way out wilson wanted by Arsenal and Utd things are not looking to good for them is it. Shame 

lol yeah seems they now need to meet FFP so have to sell, they aren’t getting CL to fill that void either 

57 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

lol yeah seems they now need to meet FFP so have to sell, they aren’t getting CL to fill that void either 

Gonna be struggling again already for a few years hopefully. Brought back down to earth quite quickly 😂

13 hours ago, ajthefox said:

One of my colleagues told me about this as the news broke on teams. I then told two of my colleagues in the office who hadn't heard.

The look on their faces was gold lol

I can't say I like the bloke and I'm not looking forward to being surrounded by more shite than usual but you can't argue with what the bloke has done. Took him some time to get going and get rid of the mess bodgers left but you really can't argue with what he has done with the club. 

I am Mainz,I am BvB,and no real L’pool Fan,but I do like scousers and the town.

Klopp has his flaws,but one of the greats through European football,hardly boring at post match interviews.

Yes I have met the guy socially has he was taking over Mainz,humble but passionate ,pulls out the fans emotions once he takes o club and football story.Protects his players to a fault.Germans(y) love him.Gives his time willingly

was in a couple of relaxed discussions with him,at a players house,my neighbour.

Also met him a couple of years later in Dortmund,he tapped me on my shoulder,and we spent 15+minutes with others socially.Overall other topics discussed,good listener,but and interesting talker.

England..maybe a touch of marmite for some..just love to hate or be cynical.

Did his club proud..created a Klopp era.. Though Shankley,Paisley,Fagin,Daglish,just might push him down to 5th-6th best…But his era would mean top of the English tree,shared with PEP,   though Ranieri/Vardy took a massive bite out of their CV, Though that Klopp CV,one of the top European managers that brought silverware to his clubs.and guaranteed mostly European participation, and great BvB moments. Hitzfeld his biggest  friendly foe for historic best BvB manager & my own last craziest football moments,next to Leicesters drive to our successfull years..

I have nothing but positive memories..direct. Or indirect to Mr Klopp,first German successfull manager in England ,great character IMO really nice guy,with some craziness in him….If he can,he will step back from football for awhile,but just maybe

DFB might come knocking for later  Vacant German-manager post..

• Like 1

Be good to see finish off his career managing Germany & pep managing Spain & Jose managing Portugal so they can all battle each other one last time before retirement. Go out in style not over expiring like hodgeson.

All this Klopp stuff is well over the top, not even in the top 5 managers of the Premier League era, not in the top 10 managers in English Football.

He’s a top manager, no doubt and he’s done a great job at Liverpool getting them back in contention again, but the tributes coming in and the discussion about his greatness is way over the top.

If he managed Chelsea, Man Utd or Arsenal he would be seen as a decent manager in their history and they’d move on. It seems everything Liverpool has to be over the top and the greatest ever.

At the end of the day, he won the same number of Premier League titles as Claudio Ranieri won with us. He has the same number of Champions League wins as Roberto Di Matteo, the same number of FA Cups that Brendan Rodgers has with us and less league cups than Martin O’Neil.

It could be argued that with the squad he has built, he has failed to bring in more silverware to the club.