Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

4 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Those doubting if we’ll do well next season ought to watch Chelsea. Absolutely honking. 

Their defensive structure is horrible.

Too rigid and too deep because of old man Silva, allowing Liverpool players to stand in the half spaces with complete freedom and overloads aplenty.

Edited by DJ Barry Hammond
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Their defensive structure is horrible.

Too rigid and too deep because of old man Silva, allowing Liverpool players to stand in the half spaces with complete freedom and overloads aplenty.

I think we’d have a lot of joy against them given our style of play, especially if our defence held up. 

7 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I think we’d have a lot of joy against them given our style of play, especially if our defence held up. 

That’s a big ask.

For one, we’d have to control possession to force our style of play.

And we’d still need our defence to hold up, even if we did that - and the pace, movement and quality is a much higher level than we’ve faced.

3 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

This is a big half for Poch’s future at Chelsea.

If they come out and play as they did the first half, he’s not lasting much longer.

Starting to wonder when he's gonna be under pressure, doesn't seem to be any noise at the moment, really thought he would do much better

Just now, Tuna said:

Starting to wonder when he's gonna be under pressure, doesn't seem to be any noise at the moment, really thought he would do much better

He needs to show here he can make a difference and change something - otherwise this could go 4 or 5.

I also think Casadei gets on here - both holding midfielders are on a booking and aren’t exactly dominating.

7 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Is there ever a game where Maddison doesn't go down injured?..

Is there a scientific research/explanation regarding the huge amount of injuries of the last 10 years or so? I think the numbers compared to early 00s and 80s/90s are shocking. Is it the pace of the modern game? It can't be down to increased physicality in terms of tackles etc because the sport looks way softer to me compared to previous decades. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Is there a scientific research/explanation regarding the huge amount of injuries of the last 10 years or so? I think the numbers compared to early 00s and 80s/90s are shocking. Is it the pace of the modern game? It can't be down to increased physicality in terms of tackles etc because the sport looks way softer to me compared to previous decades. 

Pace of the game / increase in high intensity sprints / hardness of the pitches / amount of games played / less recovery time between games / less off-season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1