Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

The Burnley love in is ridiculous. A club regularly yo-yoing is given a sky doc because of Vincent Kompany

There's literally so much media available to consume at this stage I don't know how anyone can complain about something that's being put out there. It's not like you're going to be forced to watch it?

Vincent Kompany has completely transformed them and is clearly an interesting bloke. I don't see the problem at all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I'm just chuckling to myself at the thought of Harry Kane trying to speak German.

Would be even funnier if he joined them for trophies but hadn't shaken off the veneer of Spursyness and they decided not to win anything for once....Bayern that is.

And Spurs did win something for once. 

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

What a ****ed up waste of a career if he stays. Someone like him ending without a winners medal would be a crime. 

He’ll leave there next season though? 

I see the BBC 'pundits' have done their Top 4 for the closed shop Premier League, basically only 7 teams appear the only surprise is that Villa are mentioned instead of Spurs (probably driven by Kane moving perhaps)
Only 1 pundit has someone other than Man C winning with Ellen White having Arsenal 1st & Man C 2nd
All bar 4 of the 27 have Man C & Arsenal in top 2
Only 10 predict a top 4 not consisting of Man C, Arsenal, Man U & Liverpool - Those 10 have a mix of Chelsea, Newcastle or Villa in the Man U/Liverpool slots

The thing is you can't argue with them that is what is going to happen.

As for the other end it could be 3 of any of the remaining 13 teams as the league below that top 7 is terrible. You could probably say Spurs, Brighton would be pushing top 8/9 but after that who knows & for them its not certain if Spurs lose Kane how will that affect them & as for Brighton now that they have that long Europa Lge campaign Thursday/Sunday they don't have the biggest squad & still probably going to lose players.

The Premier Lge really is the pits

Edited by BKLFox

41 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

The thing is you can't argue with them that is what is going to happen

Well, yeah you can. How many had pool finishing 5th last season or Chelsea finishing 12th? Or Newcastle getting champions league or Leicester getting relegated for that matter? 

13 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Go to Bayern for £100m or wait one year and leave for free and scoop up a good portion of that £100m in signing on fee/additional wages, especially with numerous teams hunting you down as there's no transfer fee.

Easy choice £££££

Or wait one year, pick up an age/stress related injury, and end up being an impact sub for Leyton Orient.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Go to Bayern for £100m or wait one year and leave for free and scoop up a good portion of that £100m in signing on fee/additional wages, especially with numerous teams hunting you down as there's no transfer fee.

Easy choice £££££

He’s in a v spring position 

even if he goes now he’ll get 400k/week

his s/o fee in a free would be around 35/40m more than he’d get if he moves now.  

the five year deal on 400/week is worth 100m 

There is always the risk that he picks up a ‘career ending’ ankle injury over the next year.  I’m taking the 100m now and not worrying about the 35m

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

Well, yeah you can. How many had pool finishing 5th last season or Chelsea finishing 12th? Or Newcastle getting champions league or Leicester getting relegated for that matter? 

I think if we poll'd on here it would be almost identical as in Man C & Arsenal in 1st 2nd slots then a mix of those other 5 teams taking 3rd & 4th filling to 7th
If Liverpool get the DM required then the overhaul of their midfield will see them push on from 5th, Man U will be strong this season & Chelsea will click at some point & achieve a European position although probably dip out on top 4.
I would be very suprised to see any of those 7 sides out of top 8 this season.

On 08/08/2023 at 16:23, BenTheFox said:

I can empathise with Wolves. Last summer we were getting clobbered by FFP and now it's seemingly their turn. It's no coincidence that two clubs that have dared to try and upset the established order have had to suffer the consequences. We all know that FFP is a rigged system designed to keep the established order intact. It's not an excuse for us going down last season because ultimately that squad should have done better, but not being able to add to the squad doesn't help. 

The league is a fix and doesn’t want the established order disrupted, hence the rules that keep everyone down, you saw how they all panicked and raced to bring in rules regarding sponsorship when they thought newcastle were going to blow them out the water in the transfer market last season, this is despite man city’s and now chelsea’s reported financial doping. 

Over the last couple of seasons I’ve heard more and more people losing interest in the premier league, fans on here, fans from the championship and below saying it’s more fun in the championship than playing in a league whose rules are designed to stop you competing, in a league that’s dominated by by one team at the minute and then the greedy other five shutting everyone out. I’ve spoke with Leicester fans who weren’t too upset about relegation and are more excited than usual about the new season, people tired of the big six and the media obsession with them. I’ve even spoke to liverpool fans who hope the saudi money ruins the premier league and it gets back to be a more competitive league.

There’s signs that the premier league is starting to eat itself, (let’s face it it’s becoming the spl, la lega ect with more money) us and wolves are probably the first of many to come, teams who dare to dream and get picked off and destroyed by the actions and enforced rules of the cartel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I really don’t get it 

Bayern would only have been chasing and chasing if they’d been told he would come 

is Kane’s brother that much of an arse that he’d continue to tell them yes even though he didn’t know was the case ?

I reckon this possible deal has maybe flushed out a PL team to make a concrete proposal for next summer which he has decided to wait for 

8 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

reports now that a Bayern deal has been agreed with Spurs, so it's up to Kane now. If wants to become that successful player and be an even bigger asset for England he should go. 

Just a random thought but maybe he thinks being in Germany will help him for the next Euros?

3 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

Just a random thought but maybe he thinks being in Germany will help him for the next Euros?

Yes even better, English lads have done well in Germany, go way back to Keegan with Hamburg, Bellingham and Sancho of course. Owen Hargreaves as well. Stays at Tottenham he can be a premier league legend... okay goes abroad becomes one of the world's best strikers.

What a waste of Bayern’s time if he decides not to go an what a waste of a year for kane staying at spurs . One dodgy injury at his age will be hard for him to get over. Be kind of funny if he decides not to go gets injured first game for the season spurs lose £100 mil and don’t have Kane playing