Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

Watching Man City struggling somewhat to play from the back against Brentford makes me a bit worried for next season. If Enzo decides to build on that style of play he needs to be properly backed by the board and do some serious business transfer wise in the summer. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I know sponsorship deals for stadiums are the norm, but how tragic does "the gtech" sound

Makes me think of those crappy kids 'computers' you used to get out the Argos catalogue that would break if you tried to add a number higher than 10.

Now that I think about it, do they use the same computers in the VAR room? 🤔

Edited by OntarioFox

4 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Makes me think of those crappy kids 'computers' you used to get out the Argos catalogue that would break if you tried to add a number higher than 10.

Now that I think about it, do they use the same computers in the VAR room? 🤔

Ha ha vtech wasn't it

• Like 1

Just watch the Man City highlights. 

Would you not be livid if that Maupay goal was given against your team? How on earth can Toney not be interfering with play when he completely takes out a defender? 

We had goals ruled for Barnes being offside blocking the sight of a keeper that's less interference than that. 

Article in the paper the other day. About how clubs are not using the academy much anymore. Clubs are using the academy not to recruit within but in order to sell on just soo they meet within FFP. Chelsea worse for it. Sell an homegrown play for reasonable price and then later make a huge marquee signing.

7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Would you not be livid if that Maupay goal was given against your team? How on earth can Toney not be interfering with play when he completely takes out a defender? 

We had goals ruled for Barnes being offside blocking the sight of a keeper that's less interference than that. 

Don’t think you can be offside from a goal kick.

Only way  the goal  would have been disallowed is if Toney had touched it  before Maupay got the ball .

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Article in the paper the other day. About how clubs are not using the academy much anymore. Clubs are using the academy not to recruit within but in order to sell on just soo they meet within FFP. Chelsea worse for it. Sell an homegrown play for reasonable price and then later make a huge marquee signing.

Through work friends, I gather the top top academies are making efforts to let the kids know there's a 1 in a million chance they make it and push the education side.

But below that, many are still selling dreams that would never come true.

3 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Only way  the goal  would have been disallowed is if Toney had touched it  before Maupay got the ball .

Oh shit obviously, good spot. Idiot moment. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Finnegan said:

3 hours ago, Super_horns said:

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Oh shit obviously, good spot. Idiot moment. 

I don’t quite get this exchange. If Toney took out the defender (which IMO he did) then whether he was or was not offside is surely irrelevant ? 

26 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I don’t quite get this exchange. If Toney took out the defender (which IMO he did) then whether he was or was not offside is surely irrelevant ? 

To be clear, he didn't wrestle the defender out of the way, it wasn't a foul in its own right. I don't particularly mind what Toney did, it was extremely trivial obstruction at worst. 

But if he'd have touched the ball then Maupay would have been offside. 

I wasn't properly paying attention to the fact the punt forward was a goal kick when I watched it and probably should have watched it again before posting anything lol

• Like 1