Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

Neville ripping in Chelsea for playing all possession with no intent.

He obviously hadn't seen/covered us for the 2 previous seasons.

People/media need to start seeing it for what it is and calling it out, it's as negative as sitting 11 mean behind the ball.

Edited by Matt

Moyes seems to be getting the same backing Rodgers got where the club he is at masks the squad he's got. West Ham, like us, should've been in the position they were because the squad had the quality.

He is doing the job expected, I would say. 

Gallagher seems to be the only 1 really stepping up in that Chelsea side yet its him that's always mentioned as being the player to be moved on due to FFP risks.

Poch really bigged him up after last night saying he wants him & Conor wants to commit to Chelsea, i wonder if its just because his contract only goes till June 2025 so probably easier to shift than for someone with 5yrs left, strange he only got a 3yr deal signed in 2022 or was that a year before they started knocking out the 7/8yr contracts?

22 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Gallagher seems to be the only 1 really stepping up in that Chelsea side yet its him that's always mentioned as being the player to be moved on due to FFP risks.

Poch really bigged him up after last night saying he wants him & Conor wants to commit to Chelsea, i wonder if its just because his contract only goes till June 2025 so probably easier to shift than for someone with 5yrs left, strange he only got a 3yr deal signed in 2022 or was that a year before they started knocking out the 7/8yr contracts?

The best thing about the chelsea situation is that they're screwed down the line and it relies on these players being good enough to do well for the club or be sold on for profit.

49 minutes ago, filbertway said:

The best thing about the chelsea situation is that they're screwed down the line and it relies on these players being good enough to do well for the club or be sold on for profit.

I don't even get how it's a transfer strategy, surely you're not selling Enzo for more than 100m, no matter how well he plays. Likewise with Caicedo. Then you've got Fofana 65m, Mudryk 60m, Cucurella 50m, Sterling 45m, Nkunku 50m, Jackson for 30m and Koulibaly 30m. Like these players could be world class for a couple of years, but they aren't going to sell for much more than they bought them for anyway?

13 minutes ago, filbertway said:

it is a weird 1 did they buy young & put on long contracts with a view to almost showcase these players in order to flip them for healthy profits in the short term or to allow them to grow into a team for the next 6/7yrs meaning they won't have to spend (much) in that period.
Issue is a lot of these came with healthy price tags to start with.

I don't doubt that given time Poch will have them set as per his idea, on paper there are some really good players there some at the minute just not living up to expectation but they are young or new to the league.
Mudryk for example looks a bit of a bad buy but he's only been there since Jan 2023, only actually been involved in 34 lge games & in hrs/mins he totals 25hrs 22mins which is only (& i didn't get an A level in Maths) 17 whole games so still hasn't even played a full half season in a brand new league, country etc etc... can he really be written off already?

I don't fall into the Chelsea are done camp just yet i feel Poch will have them clicking in the not to distant future but needs to drop Silva now.

4 minutes ago, The Bear said:

You mean apart from Palmer?

yeah a side from Palmer who is the better player of course.
I was meaning probably stepping up above their grade/level, if you picked a chelsea team off paper Gallagher probably wouldn't start but his effort in games shows he deserves to currently.

Last two games will have been very encouraging for Poch.

Enzo and Caicedo were superb against Villa and good last night too.

That's the bit that was really lacking, it was as if the midfield didn't exist, which was frightening given it cost £220m lol .

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I don't even get how it's a transfer strategy, surely you're not selling Enzo for more than 100m, no matter how well he plays. Likewise with Caicedo. Then you've got Fofana 65m, Mudryk 60m, Cucurella 50m, Sterling 45m, Nkunku 50m, Jackson for 30m and Koulibaly 30m. Like these players could be world class for a couple of years, but they aren't going to sell for much more than they bought them for anyway?

well amortization is the theory. They spread it over 7 years so they see it as 14m a season to have him, then sell him for a sizeable fee. If they actually keep the players for the 7 years it will be alright but in 90% of the cases they won’t 

Edited by Lambert09