Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

24 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Case in point why I hate var so much. Original decision no goal, 4 minutes of them checking, but checking for what? As it’s never communicated to the audience. End result carry on. Pathetic.

Had to check it was actually offside as the ball came off a Brighton player but not deemed deliberate.

Is a mess though really and doesn’t exactly give confidence for the assistant to flag .

Edited by Super_horns

Guest Col city fan

VAR needs binning. It’s shit and ruining the game as a spectacle.

Like anything, it’s actually all about money. It’s not about improving the game. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.

Guest Col city fan

Sheffield and Burnley should be nowhere near the Premiership. The standard of the Championship this season is pants but last season must have been really really bad.

The gulf is getting ever larger though tbh

10 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Sheffield and Burnley should be nowhere near the Premiership. The standard of the Championship this season is pants but last season must have been really really bad.

The gulf is getting ever larger though tbh

It is, I read an interesting article talking about this. Eventually, I think it will just end up being the same teams going down and coming up. The gap is getting bigger and bigger largely thanks to FFP.

Guest Col city fan

Apart from the obvious.. being paid obscene amounts of money for being extremely average footballers, playing for sides like Burnley and Sheff Utd must be dreadful.

Knowing that you shouldn’t be playing at this level and getting thumped every week must be demoralising for any player actually bothered about anything other than money.

Ive enjoyed the Championship much more this season and fear we’ll have more of the same next year when we go up.

These teams at the bottom don't help themselves do they.

Game was basically over with that stupid tackle from Holgate.

Particularly when you know Brighton will just keep the ball and not do anything rash themselves. 

I suspect Luton won't be so careless v Man U.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Sheff Utd have no business being in the Premier League, couldn't be bothered even trying to stay up

Plus sheff utd beating luton last week was a great result for Forest so they deserve to be relegated for that alone.

This season bottom three very weak so they likes of Palace and Forest have got away with it.

Hopefully next season there are more teams involved and hopefully it’s the year Brentford finally drop.

27 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

These teams at the bottom don't help themselves do they.

Game was basically over with that stupid tackle from Holgate.

Particularly when you know Brighton will just keep the ball and not do anything rash themselves. 

I suspect Luton won't be so careless v Man U.

:whistle: