Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

I know we've made some dodgy signings over the last few seasons, but Sheff Utd spent £23.5 million on Brewster and has scored 5 goals in 3 and a half seasons, including two seasons in the championship. 

14 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I know we've made some dodgy signings over the last few seasons, but Sheff Utd spent £23.5 million on Brewster and has scored 5 goals in 3 and a half seasons, including two seasons in the championship. 

Standard Liverpool youngster mugging. 

We paid £12m for Ki-Jana Hoever as part of the Jota deal and he's absolute shite. On loan at Stoke and their fans hate him!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Bear said:

Absolute banana skin for us today with Sheff Utd at home. They've been battered in recent games but will come and park the bus against us. Everyone expects us to win, and Neto/Hwang are the most transferred in players in FPL this week. 

We always struggle against teams that come to defend and we usually give 6 points a season to one of the worst teams in the division. We gave Huddersfield exactly that when they finished bottom the other year. And Sheff Utd have already beaten us away (albeit thanks to a dodgy late pen). So put your money on Sheff Utd. 

I nearly accused you of spending too much time in here with the bedwetters.  And SHU have shown neither quality nor athleticism that belong anywhere near the Premier League.

But damned if yours haven’t let that godawful side make it a 50-50 game at your own ground.

2 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Got to admire Wolves....really is a understated team and are quietly winning games

Agreed what a great job O'neil has done.  To get that team sitting 8th is remarkable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Wilder spent lots of money on rubbish when they were last in the PL. Doesn’t get spoken about enough. 

They were awful then and one of the worse PL teams I’ve ever seen. Somehow they’re even worse now.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

We paid £12m for Ki-Jana Hoever as part of the Jota deal and he's absolute shite. On loan at Stoke and their fans hate him!

Liverpool’s business is excellent selling players. We paid £12m for Ward lol

What a good season you’re having btw. I think much better than most people, including myself, expected. I thought you’d be in a relegation battle. Fair play to O’Neill.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

I remember them fleecing Bournemouth for a left back called Smith, cost about £6 million and ended up in the mls

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

p8679_p_v10_aa.jpg

Typically, Liverpool were the beneficiaries 😬

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

We paid £12.5m for Danny Ward, got relegated in the process and lost out on another £100m in revenue - tough one to beat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, HybridFox said:

Blue billion pound bottlejobs lol

45 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Serious merch potential there

I'm on it, no worries..

Billionpoundbottlers.JPG.2d7c9a2a059d52d94ec3f6865c1c4a47.JPG

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Wymsey said:

What's the PL record for the most goals conceded in a season?

3 hours ago, isaidno said:

Swindon let in 100, but in a 42 game season. 

in a 40 game season the record is Derby with 89 goals.

Sheffield United have 12 games left to play and have conceded 66 goals already. But they have Arsenal at home this weekend, Spurs at home on the last day, and have to go to Anfield, Old Trafford and St James' Park too.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Tuna said:

I remember them fleecing Bournemouth for a left back called Smith, cost about £6 million and ended up in the mls

Jordan Ibe was signed by Bournemouth for £15 million. He was released and now finds himself at Ebbsfleet. 

9 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Jordan Ibe was signed by Bournemouth for £15 million. He was released and now finds himself at Ebbsfleet. 

To be fair he has suffered from some well documented mental health issues. Barely played a game since early 2021.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Hadn't really noticed what the rest of the table looked like other than top 4 and bottom 3

Didn't realise Brentford had been that crap

Brentford are awful and will (hopefully) go down soon. 

Horrid manager and I didn't want him anywhere near us when people kept floating his name about last season as a replacement for Rodgers.

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Hadn't really noticed what the rest of the table looked like other than top 4 and bottom 3

Didn't realise Brentford had been that crap

Probably relying on Toney to keep them up.

Might get 3 points tonight though?