Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Around about a billion quids worth yeah

59 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Yep the difference is Man City have a team full of world class players

47 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Weird comparison based on current situations 

I meant in terms of style of play and endeavour and tactical nouse rather than player value and class.

If he has learnt anything at the knee of Pep, I don't see it.

Of course Man C are a gulf apart from all teams in the EFL but, when Enzo came here I recall posters lauding him as a manager in Pep's image. And not just the shaven head and trimmed beard.

Not for me so far.

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

I meant in terms of style of play and endeavour and tactical nouse rather than player value and class.

Of course Man C are a gulf apart from all teams in the EFL but, when Enzo came here I recall posters lauding him as a manager in Pep's image. And not just the shaven head and trimmed beard.

Not for me so far.

You don't think even they have off days? They themselves have lost 3 league games in a row this season. To 2 teams they're expected to walk past and arsenal. 

Not long after they drew 4 games in a row. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

3 hours ago, katieakita said:

Gary Neville build the England  team around Foden bless, given a fantastic player but think Kane and Bellingham get their names on the team sheet first

Foden is amazing player but certainly not England's best player, in the short time we have seen Foden in an England shirt we are yet to see really shine like he does for City. If honest you don't build a squad around just one player. especially with England. So much talent, Foden needs to raise his game in an England shirt to get a start. 

3 hours ago, Parafox said:

And people think Enzo is Pep's protégé. 

Huge difference.

I wonder if the additional 850 matches experience is helping Pep at all?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

Not for me so far.

We've played some absolutely brilliant stuff at times. Literally ran opposition ragged and passed them off the park resulting in 3 points. Some phases of our play are exciting to watch too. 

Man United trying to find positives in a 1-3 defeat to their bitter rivals... how the mighty have fallen.

The talk in the sky sports studio of there's still hope of a champions league spot for them... erm well... their 11 points of Villa. Six points off fifth place Spud. They should be more worried about finishing in the europa league spots as from Brighton in 9th place are still in touching distance which if i'm wrong if United were to finish 9th would be their lowest Premier League finish.

Edited by Leicesterpool

4 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

There’s a YouTuber called Flying Pig who commentates on his beloved Man U games, he’s very entertaining when they lose so well worth a watch. 

I think he's the most genuine amongst all these clown YouTubers. He has some decent tactical knowledge and some good humour at times. At least it seems he's not trying all the time to attract subscribers which is good. (I'm not subscribed to any YouTube channel, I find it pointless). 

17 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Man United trying to find positives in a 1-3 defeat to their bitter rivals... how the mighty have fallen.

The talk in the sky sports studio of there's still hope of a champions league spot for them... erm well... their 11 points of Villa. Six points off fifth place Spud. They should be more worried about finishing in the europa league spots as from Brighton in 9th place are still in touching distance which if i'm wrong if United were to finish 9th would be their lowest Premier League finish.

They won't finish 9th. The teams below - West Ham, Newcastle, Brighton - are the most inconsistent teams. Brighton especially, win then lose, been on the end of some awful results. Another discussion but I'm not sure how De Zerbi is so highly rated.

So Paul Tierney ****s up massively, and is moved to VAR for Arsenal Vs Brentford today and removed from officiating next weekend.

Great to see that Sunny Singh Gill is set to become the first British South Asian to officiate a prem game (Palace Vs Luton). Great that new refs are being given opportunities.

Cynical view is this has happened to take some headlines off Tierney being dropped for the weekend