Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

21 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Think Foden is a better all-rounder than Bellingham.

Not sure about that they are both class though. Got to take in account Foden is 3 years older too. 

Foden has got to play at 10 for England.

Southgate once said that Pep played him out wide so that’s why he does. Not the case any more. 

A trio of Rice Bellingham & Foden for the Euro’s could be sensational. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Bert said:

Foden has got to play at 10 for England.

Southgate once said that Pep played him out wide so that’s why he does. Not the case any more. 

A trio of Rice Bellingham & Foden for the Euro’s could be sensational. 

Southgate's reasoning for some of his decisions contradict all the time. He says he'll only pick players that play, then picks players that don't play because they performed well for him in the past. Says he plays a player in a certain position because he plays there for his club but then plays players in different positions than they play for their club because he says he prefers them in that position. I wouldn't pay any attention to what he says.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Southgate's reasoning for some of his decisions contradict all the time. He says he'll only pick players that play, then picks players that don't play because they performed well for him in the past. Says he plays a player in a certain position because he plays there for his club but then plays players in different positions than they play for their club because he says he prefers them in that position. I wouldn't pay any attention to what he says.

Just adding to this, the last squad is a good example. He didn't call up Kelvin Phillips. His reasoning when he wasn't get any minutes at Man City was he's integral to the squad and an important player in certain situations and how we want to play. He moved to West Ham, and struggled for form, and gets dropped for England. But surely the same is true now he's not playing well at West Ham as it was when he wasn't playing at all at Man City, that he's important to the squad in the same way Maguire is in Southgates mind. Or if he's not that important to the squad he can just be dropped for a different option, why weren't we exploring that option all the time he wasn't getting minutes at Man City. Southgate make it up as he's goes along. 

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Just adding to this, the last squad is a good example. He didn't call up Kelvin Phillips. His reasoning when he wasn't get any minutes at Man City was he's integral to the squad and an important player in certain situations and how we want to play. He moved to West Ham, and struggled for form, and gets dropped for England. But surely the same is true now he's not playing well at West Ham as it was when he wasn't playing at all at Man City, that he's important to the squad in the same way Maguire is in Southgates mind. Or if he's not that important to the squad he can just be dropped for a different option, why weren't we exploring that option all the time he wasn't getting minutes at Man City. Southgate make it up as he's goes along. 

Add to this - he stated that Connor Coady was no longer in contention for the squad as he had dropped down to the championship. This was when he was talking about the very same squad in which Jordan Henderson who has moved to Saudi Arabia had been selected.

Genuinely my most loathed England manager of all time. I haven't watched an England game outside of a major tournament in ages. I can barely muster the interest to watch us in a major tournament under him to be honest.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Add to this - he stated that Connor Coady was no longer in contention for the squad as he had dropped down to the championship. This was when he was talking about the very same squad in which Jordan Henderson who has moved to Saudi Arabia had been selected.

Genuinely my most loathed England manager of all time. I haven't watched an England game outside of a major tournament in ages. I can barely muster the interest to watch us in a major tournament under him to be honest.

Kelvin Phillips got his first call up whilst in the Championship so again contradicting himself.

He refused to call up Maddison for years using various excuses. One being we don't play anyone in the same role, whilst playing exactly the same formation as Leicester. Then it was his attitude or behaviour off the pitch, whilst he continued to call up the likes of Walker and Grealish after their numerous off field misbehaviours.

He's also shown weaknesses in which players he calls up. I'd respect him more if he just told everyone he didn't want to call up Grealish or TAA as they didn't suit his style, but he bowed to public pressure, and openly admits it, think he recently said Mainoo was called up because he felt forced to. He's both weak and stubborn at the same time. He's swayed by public and media pressure on things like that but then won't budge in his favourites and refuses to not call up Maguire and Henderson etc.

Edited by Facecloth

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Such a lucky goal for Liverpool. 

Aye but you make your own luck Darwin had to be there challenging to get the luck. 

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Man U aren’t catching villa are they 

we got chased down both seasons we failed to make it 

Man U are a terrible team, they can only really win games through individual moments of high skill which they do occasionally. Keeper is also very suspect. Can't see them making top 5.

They will either get an unbelievable penalty (I'm still bitter about the one off Wes Morgan's face) or they will play 12 minutes added on time.