Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

12 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Think Forest Spurs game was moved at short notice from the Monday night, due to train strikes.

Yes which have now been cancelled.

Sheff U v Chelsea moved to 5.30 as there is the Sheffield Marathon in the morning/afternoon .

Edited by Super_horns

Spurs beat Notts Forest tomorrow and they're in deep shit. Some horrid fixtures coming up.

Luton

Man City (A)

Brentford (H)

Wolves (A)

Everton (H)

West Ham (A)

Fulham (H)

Forest

Spurs (A)

Wolves (H)

Everton (A)

Man City (H)

Sheffield United (A)

Chelsea (H)

Burnley (A)

9 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Spurs beat Notts Forest tomorrow and they're in deep shit. Some horrid fixtures coming up.

Luton

Man City (A)

Brentford (H)

Wolves (A)

Everton (H)

West Ham (A)

Fulham (H)

Forest

Spurs (A)

Wolves (H)

Everton (A)

Man City (H)

Sheffield United (A)

Chelsea (H)

Burnley (A)

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Could easily see Brentford in some trouble, that game v Luton looks tasty

Looking at those run-ins, I think Luton can end on 34 points (all three home games are winnable, and you can see them getting a point at West Ham) and Forest getting wins against Wolves and Sheffield United, probably a point or two against Burnley and Chelsea as well. Tight, but can see Luton edging them out. Brentford would only need 4/5 points from Sheffield United at home, Everton away, Fulham at home, Bournemouth away and Newcastle at home. And that's assuming defeat at Luton. They should just about be OK, but will be real relegation candidates next season with Toney likely to leave.

It's a weird one, but on the reverse, if you get a bit of the player first and then a lot of the ball, it's a penalty. So don't get why that's a penalty, probably cuz it's not a clear and obvious error 🤔

Just watching motd and there on about that wolves goal was a terrible decision but wow takes me back to them goals we had ruled out against Brighton for offside they were 10 times worse than that!! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Am I the only person that thinks wolves goal is offside ?

the keeper can’t move around freely and set himself to make an attempt to save because the kid is stood right in front of him (and offside) 

Keeper never saving it should be a goal killing the game var

• Like 1

You can certainly see why based on the letter of the law they gave it offside, but in reality he wasn't blocking his view or any attempt to dive for it. He was never getting there any way. 

I said to other Wolves fans earlier that there have been just as bad ones over the last couple of seasons, and yours instantly sprang to mine. 

Seems like it is just me then 😀

as a keeper - I would be wanting that disallowed - to give a green light to players standing right in front of me  and goals being given because it looks like I couldn’t reach them is not correct. I’m entitled to my space if the person occupying it is offside.  I can’t set properly because I’m bobbing around trying to see what’s going on and if u push the guy out of the way then it’s a pen because at that point he’s not offside. The attacker is entitled to try and impede my operating area whilst he’s onside but the risk he runs if he doesnt get back onside is illustrated by yesterday’s incident.   Remember when defences had players on posts ?  Catching strikers offside like yesterday is the reason that they don’t now. The game is not just about scoring goals - it’s also about not conceding. defenders and keepers need respect too !

MOTD had three strikers discussing it - if there had been a defender then I reckon he’d have stood up for the call made. 

• Like 2

Typical ex strikers !

The main argument seems to be the keeper wouldn’t get there but can that be proved either way and should officials be guessing like that ?

Gary Lineker said there should be an appeals system .

How many would they have and want though ?

We could be there all day !

And doesn’t mean we would get the “right decision “ of course.

Still be down to the VAR and ref to make a decision subjectivity.

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 1