Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Typical ex strikers !

The main argument seems to be the keeper wouldn’t get there but can that be proved either way and should officials be guessing like that ?

Gary Lineker said there should be an appeals system .

How many would they have and want though ?

We could be there all day !

And doesn’t mean we would get the “right decision “ of course.

Still be down to the VAR and ref to make a decision subjectivity.

You're right it can't be proved but if we're going to analyse every situation with "ifs" and "maybes" it means the violation wasn't clear and obvious. When 3 people at the VAR can't make up their mind for 10mins whilst in this time I had already 2 pints and did the dish washing, it's pretty obvious the initial outcome was also plausible. 

If you ask 100 people about Ward-Prowse's goal on the same game 50 of them will say there was GK interference.

Football isn't the right sport to check with such detail refs decisions. You need to let it flow. It's not basketball or American football. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

In general think VAR is too subjective and doesn't bring anything but more debate and confusion really.

People thought it would be perfection and you'd get full consistency in all decisions.

I have a solution to this. Video replay checking should last max 15secs. If you start drawing lines, correcting lines, watching 1000 angles and asking the astronauts at the Space Station to check if they have a better camera angle of the incident, it means it's not clear and whatever the decision is it will cause controversy. 

I know some teams will suffer more than others with bad on field decisions but there's a way to "cure these wounds" : Compensation. We all know these unofficial tables with VAR decisions for and against. Make them official and reward £2M every team which had pts losses for each controversial decision (incidents that went to VAR like yesterday's). This means for example if our team had 8 incidents by the end of the season will get 16M. Not bad imo. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Unfortunately for what ever reason the PL clubs did not want the automatic offside system to come in ..

Would save time .

We’ll have it next season cos Nike have sorted their balls out to have the sensors in them 

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan

I think we’ve done with Mainoo what we always do with good, young English players.

Ie built him up to superstar status far too quickly.

Theres no doubt he’s an excellent player now and has real potential.

But if you watch him today he looks miles off it. Liverpool are tearing the Utd midfield to pieces at the moment, though I think that could be as much due to Ten Hag’s dodgy tactics as anything 

Edited by Col city fan

8 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Typical ex strikers !

The main argument seems to be the keeper wouldn’t get there but can that be proved either way and should officials be guessing like that ?

Gary Lineker said there should be an appeals system .

How many would they have and want though ?

We could be there all day !

And doesn’t mean we would get the “right decision “ of course.

Still be down to the VAR and ref to make a decision subjectivity.

I didn't think it was such a terrible decision. Offside should be as objective as possible and if a a player is standing directly in front of the GK I don't think as you say officials should really be debating whether the GK would get there or not. 

• Like 1