Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

Were Burnley fans just singing what I *think* they were singing?

It turns out they were not.  But they sound like have gobstoppers and a hankey in their mouths, so they could be saying anything.  :dunno:

• Haha 1

Guest Col city fan

I’m going to make the possibly, very bold prediction, that if Haaland remains free of horrible injury, he could go on to be one of the best strikers the world has even seen.

He scores so many different types of goal. Finishes in the 6 yard box, longer shots, headers, volleys etc.

22 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Galling. We look better than Burnley. 

Dare I say we are probably better than half the PL

We looked better than Burnley because we wasn't playing treble winners man City, we looked absolutely dreadful when we played Liverpool 

Guest Col city fan
7 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I didn't mean just the games. I don't get carried away. We just 'look' individually like a decent unit. 

Of course we’d ‘look’ better! We are playing far inferior sides.

Ive never agreed with this argument about the upper Championship and the Premier League being of similar ability.

I think there’s a vast difference.

28 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Of course we’d ‘look’ better! We are playing far inferior sides.

Ive never agreed with this argument about the upper Championship and the Premier League being of similar ability.

I think there’s a vast difference.

On paper, we look like a team that could probably finish anywhere between 10th and 20th in the Premier League, probably the former with good management and the rub of the green. 

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I’m going to make the possibly, very bold prediction, that if Haaland remains free of horrible injury, he could go on to be one of the best strikers the world has even seen.

He scores so many different types of goal. Finishes in the 6 yard box, longer shots, headers, volleys etc.

Read that ex Leicester recruitment scout Steve Walsh invited him to Everton for a weekend when he was about 18 and the board rejected him ......wonder if Steve Walsh had stayed at Leicester, maybe Haaland would have been a Leicester player 🤔

5 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Yes…for and with totally different Skillsets, he is in his own way,taking up MessiRonaldo above World class berth,probably without the same noisy way…but that cool Nordic  skill,of not being seen through a game,then pounces,goes to sleep,then

bounces again on the scene…Plus this guy doesn’t just score,he gives out the tips too,with his assists.

I do hope he has an expansive career,with no major injury crisis,then all fans are in for a treet..

plus I would like to see him more lead with his goal scoring skills his International team Norway in a major tournament…

Is this the season a 5th team will potentially get a spot in the Champions league as part of UEFA’s Champions league expansion which sees more teams get in and extra games ?

Basically meaning more money for the big boys and the domestic cups being even more devalued probably even scrapped in the league cups case .