Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Apparently its to help the fans, same with Chelsea travelling to Sheffield for a 5.30KO not even on TV.

I know strikes are common nowadays but I struggle to see 5.30pm and 6pm on a Sunday are suitable times.

That's a first thinking of and taking match going fans into consideration...

Unfortunately seems like other things meant they had to be then.

Train strike and an event in Sheffield early on.

30 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Such strange kick off times

1hr less in the pub for Liverpool & Utd fans, while still trying to keep it as prime time as possible

Which has dictated other kick off times

10 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Seems like it is just me then 😀

as a keeper - I would be wanting that disallowed - to give a green light to players standing right in front of me  and goals being given because it looks like I couldn’t reach them is not correct. I’m entitled to my space if the person occupying it is offside.  I can’t set properly because I’m bobbing around trying to see what’s going on and if u push the guy out of the way then it’s a pen because at that point he’s not offside. The attacker is entitled to try and impede my operating area whilst he’s onside but the risk he runs if he doesnt get back onside is illustrated by yesterday’s incident.   Remember when defences had players on posts ?  Catching strikers offside like yesterday is the reason that they don’t now. The game is not just about scoring goals - it’s also about not conceding. defenders and keepers need respect too !

MOTD had three strikers discussing it - if there had been a defender then I reckon he’d have stood up for the call made. 

Just given it a watch and even though I went in there wanting VAR to be wrong - on this occasion I think it was spot on and you're right. 

We'll never know if the keeper could get to it and he wasn't able to get properly set. If you stand offside and in the keepers space then you're interfering in play and therefore offside.

It's a bit like the block that was given offside a month or so ago. It's not a foul - but because he's offside and directly interfering with play then it's offside.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

Spurs are shite...

Fans getting all excited about finishing 4th!.. for what exactly?  To fail yet again in The Champions league.😂

Stadium walks and go karting, you'll never sing that lol

3 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Spurs are shite...

Fans getting all excited about finishing 4th!.. for what exactly?  To fail yet again in The Champions league.😂

And ruin the quotient. Irresponsible.

Unpopular opinion alert. 🚨

Fair play to Forest, I can’t help but enjoy a spurs defeat, especially as the media still seem to think they are relevant. OK they may probably go on to win but so far ha! 

Spurs are a bad circus and Maddison fits well in there. It's all about dancing, posing and a kids playground when things rarely work but most of the times it's a bleak, dark, stressful environment in which these players can't cope. This situation has now solid roots into the club and fan base. 

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Maddison stupid to do that. 

Remember Dele Allo got sent off off for that in our title season. 

Yep - what’s the point of var ? 
tbh, I’d have given madders a straight red and Yeats a second yellow 

so maybe leaving both sides with eleven is sensible