Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

Sheff Utd now conceded the most goal at home in Premier League history in a season, with games to spare

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Yep - what’s the point of var ? 
tbh, I’d have given madders a straight red and Yeats a second yellow 

so maybe leaving both sides with eleven is sensible 

Second yellow for Yates for why? 

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Second yellow for Yates for why? 

Protesting?

But then would look a bit silly doing that whilst sending someone off for doing exactly what they were complaining about.

Roy Keane not impressed:

"I worked with Yates at Forest, really nice kid but he goes down far too easily. He needs to cut that out of his game"

Edited by Super_horns

3 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Protesting?

But then would look a bit silly doing that whilst sending someone off for doing exactly what they were complaining about.

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Gestured for a VAR review, just as asking for a booking, it's a bookable offence 

2 minutes ago, Fox forever said:

Yellow card offence to ask for a Var review which he was clearly signalling for 

Yeah just saw it back. 

Thought refs were meant to be tough on that. 

Wood misses a sitter again! 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I'd love for referees to get tough from day 1 next season and continue it all the way through for abuse of refs. The amount of abuse they get that gets caught on camera (not that that should matter) is obscene. 

It's absolutely shocking. Do they have certain instructions to not book players for this abuse? Betancur made a nasty challenge, he was booked and another Spurs player was on the ref's face swearing and bullying. 

4 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

It's absolutely shocking. Do they have certain instructions to not book players for this abuse? Betancur made a nasty challenge, he was booked and another Spurs player was on the ref's face swearing and bullying. 

So many players get away with it, more notorious than others. 

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'd love for referees to get tough from day 1 next season and continue it all the way through for abuse of refs. The amount of abuse they get that gets caught on camera (not that that should matter) is obscene. 

I really wish they'd stick with the rules they implement. 

I've been impressed with kicking the ball away, blocking short fk etc and how consistently on it they've been.

Disappointed with how they almost gave up with time added on and ref abuse though 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

This is looking a bit of a dive from Elliott now

Since when has the attacking player had a responsibility to avoid an outstretched leg ?   he doesn’t have to avoid wan bassaka if he’s gone to ground trying to make a tackle. Elliott has to put his right leg down on the ground and in this instance he trips over the defender in doing so 

if the ref doesn’t give it then there’s a chance that the var may not see that as a howler and request a review. . 

• Like 1