Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

We've got Forest away next week. Would be nice to get a win there but they're playing us at the right time when we've got injuries. And they need the points more than we do so will be well up for it on top of the Gibbs-White + Nuno factors. 

2 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Could there be any retrospective action against Maddison? Anyone seen his little punch on Yates?

With var in place there really shouldn’t be any reason for retrospective action unless a camera angle becomes available that wasn’t at the time. . Otherwise you’re  basically admitting that the var wasn’t for for purpose 

as Sunil noted earlier, dele Ali was done retrospectively for spurs v wba 2016.  It’s an interesting one and looking closely at it I’d say that PGMOL will use the excuse that the contact between Maddison and Yeats wasn’t clear - they couldn’t see if he actually punched him or just pushed him. 

• Like 1

Pattern emerging of Casadei coming on and Chelsea dropping points lol

They must not have had anyone watching him for us, not a clue what Poch was playing at recalling him.

13 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Vardy has done it to great effect for years and never heard any of us complaining, it’s not diving, I wouldn’t consider it cheating either, myself.

It's a dive and it's cheating. He jumps on the floor with no contact. 

Vardy's go to move typically is to knock it past an opponent and then just run in to their legs lol

It's cynical but it's also not entirely a dive. I don't really know that we particularly have a word for it. Eden Hazard used to do it all the time, Grealish does it a lot. It's just very obviously baiting a leg to specifically win a foul. 

11 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

That Wolves goal ruled out :nigel:

Have they ever had a VAR decision go their way?

Seems to be dividing opinions on was it the right decision?

Guess that means it’s not clear and obvious..

Which is what VAR is probably supposed to be for?

11 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Apparently Everton are going to lose 2 more points.

No doubt they will appeal.

Their remaining fixtures are very tricky. They're playing all teams involved in the relegation battle and also Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal. They'll probably stay up but they can't afford any slip ups against Forest, Luton and Brentford. 

That said, the optimal scenario of both Forest and Everton going down is a possibility now. 

25 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Apparently Everton are going to lose 2 more points.

No doubt they will appeal.

probably get half of it removed. 

If they or Forest go down these legal battles will go on and on for years. 

4 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

probably get half of it removed. 

If they or Forest go down these legal battles will go on and on for years. 

And if the rules/types of punishment change in a year or two as well.

Everton got less this time as they argued the breach was over less years.

Edited by Super_horns

17 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Their remaining fixtures are very tricky. They're playing all teams involved in the relegation battle and also Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal. They'll probably stay up but they can't afford any slip ups against Forest, Luton and Brentford. 

That said, the optimal scenario of both Forest and Everton going down is a possibility now. 

It’s not. Any other season maybe but Burnley and Sheff Utd are absolutely dire! They are wasting space in that league.

It does increase the chance one of them may go down if Luton can scrap away and pick up a few more points!

Welcome to the s-show that is football in this modern era. Relegations and promotions will be decided after the last match in a court room. 

Any team who goes down will give a go at getting more points taken off their rivals, if either go down they will take action their side. The fact that we won't really know who is promoted until a week after game 38 is a shambles. 

8 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

And if the rules/types of punishment change in a year or two as well.

Everton got less this time as they argued the breach was over less years.

Yeah it's ridiculous. If one of them goes this year, the whole summer is going to be a disaster for the premier league. 

Imagine if Luton survive and then one of them win an appeal and they then relegate Luton ?! It's a farce. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LCFCJohn said:

It’s not. Any other season maybe but Burnley and Sheff Utd are absolutely dire! They are wasting space in that league.

It does increase the chance one of them may go down if Luton can scrap away and pick up a few more points!

I just don't see Luton being able to do it.  PL are gambling on this too, and im pretty sure we will see this penalties reduced to compensate if needed.  I imagine the worst thing that happened to the PL was Everton's dramatic loss of form. , as for a while it looked like they could be mid table.

The ideal scenario would be that Everton / Forest stay up with a punishment, and i am sure that any loss of revenue for points deductions will be dealt with in future PSR calculations, almost as an act of goodwill. 

This season has all been about letting the cat out of the bag. I think in future seasons they won't care about deductions causing relegation.

2 points is for how much over spending? So less than a win, but over spend by the cost of a goalscorer or shot stopper and it’s punishment how? It just baffles me this psr and whatever the other one is called is about. Bore off. Killing the game along with var, this might legitimately be my last season following football. It’s a push to say I’ve ‘followed’ it this year more than kept my eye on it anyway, certainly the premier league.

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Instead of docking points, couldn't they just automatically relegate them. 

The whole point of the numbers picked is so they don't relegate them. 

Gonna be the one to say it the PL waits until Everton beat Burnley and have a nice little gap to the bottom 3 before issuing this 'punishment' - 2 points what a joke.

I bet they were all praying for an Everton win last night and had instructed refs to do anything they could to grease the wheels

Now they can claim they have wielded the stick whilst all the time Everton are in no real jeopardy of going down. Corrupt, snaky bastards.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Gonna be the one to say it the PL waits until Everton beat Burnley and have a nice little gap to the bottom 3 before issuing this 'punishment' - 2 points what a joke.

I bet they were all praying for an Everton win last night and had instructed refs to do anything they could to grease the wheels

Now they can claim they have wielded the stick whilst all the time Everton are in no real jeopardy of going down. Corrupt, snaky bastards.

Burnley have won 4 games and conceded 67 goals, they don't deserve to stay up.

They all say it's unfair because Man City haven't been punished but I believe they have a very different set of charges ( plus a load more ( and are defending themselves against all of them as is their right.

Of course it's taken a long time but maybe City will be strongly penalised.

I say maybe ..

10 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

?

Everton beat Burnley on Saturday, and got 3 points, but now they lost 2 of those they might as well have drawn against Burnley, hence the injury time equaliser 2 days later.

• Thanks 1