Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

4 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Heard Walcott on the radio the other week basically saying Arsenal threw away the title that season - after all, they were just a mere 10 points behind us at the end. Idiot. 

Heard Tim sherwood saying that villa threw the title away that year lol

However, if man city win it will they be saying it’s because liverpool and arsenal blew it? Doubt it.

I don't really care how much of an arse hole it makes me sound, I find it really cringe worthy and even borderline disrespectful to the dead how Liverpool fans persist in fetishising the Hillsborough Disaster and sculpting it in to a key part of their identity. It's ridiculous that the nation is expected to mark every new anniversary with them with deference. 

But this - this is just straight ****ing sad. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68790535

This isn't respect, it isn't tribute, it's "everybody! Everybody! Please remember we were there tooooo!" What an absolute collection of mouth breathers do you want to be to try and exploit someone else's tragedy to force yourself in to the spotlight? Because that is 100% what this is. Not a single soul at Forest genuinely cares, they just want to be seen to care and to make sure they're inserted in to the story. 

• Like 4

This BBC article suggests there is some connection between the sets of fans that were there but guess it would only be natural.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68663955

i notice they don’t do the remembrance service at Anfield anymore so maybe some have moved on ?

It’s never going to be forgotten by Liverpool and the football world really.

Do they need a memorial at Forest after all these years - maybe not but if fans have asked for once they might consider it ?

Edited by Super_horns

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

i notice they don’t do the remembrance service at Anfield anymore so maybe some have moved on ?

This seems odd not to continue with though. Have they got anything as an alternative? 

• Like 1

i *think* they stopped having the annual service after the Hillsborough verdicts were finally delivered (2017) - or maybe after the 30th anniversary?

Either way - I think they felt it was no longer necessary to keep it front and center after the Hillsborough Independent Panel delivered the unlawfully killed verdict.

• Like 2

Sorry to distract from hillsborough chat but does anyone else think the manner in which.arsenal stumbled yesterday reminds you of Leicester in its current predicament?

I know we’ve blamed a lot of people for our struggles but maybe there is a psychological factor being on top here we aren’t considering. Why else would the players be blowing these games? It’s a collective mental issue. 

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I don't really care how much of an arse hole it makes me sound, I find it really cringe worthy and even borderline disrespectful to the dead how Liverpool fans persist in fetishising the Hillsborough Disaster and sculpting it in to a key part of their identity. It's ridiculous that the nation is expected to mark every new anniversary with them with deference. 

This isn't respect, it isn't tribute, it's "everybody! Everybody! Please remember we were there tooooo!" What an absolute collection of mouth breathers do you want to be to try and exploit someone else's tragedy to force yourself in to the spotlight? Because that is 100% what this is. Not a single soul at Forest genuinely cares, they just want to be seen to care and to make sure they're inserted in to the story. 

This is just all round horseshit.

It's not ridiculous that people expect other people to behave with politeness and respect at football stadiums and when discussing football on the anniversary of the biggest football stadium disaster in the history of the UK. I expect other clubs fans to shut up and listen and be respectful when we're doing something to remember Vichai.

Forest are only doing this because Forest fans who were at Hillsborough want them to.

If you'd read an article about people who were in the arena on the day of the Manchester bombing, or around the world trade centre on 11/09/01, or in Lockerbie on 21/12/88 - but survived - talking about how it impacted them you wouldn't think it was a shameless attempt to exploit someone else's tragedy or that they have no right to feel or talk abut it.

Why wouldn't Forest fans who were there that day have been deeply affected and traumatised by what they saw? Because they're football fans not humans? Because they were wearing a slightly different shade of red?

And why shouldn't Forest do something to try and help those people? To show them that their football club cares about them and the Liverpool fans that died? To do something to try and educate the fans who weren't there and have a twisted view of events?

Absolutely pathetic tribalism to take a swipe at this.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

This is just all round horseshit.

It's not ridiculous that people expect other people to behave with politeness and respect at football stadiums and when discussing football on the anniversary of the biggest football stadium disaster in the history of the UK. I expect other clubs fans to shut up and listen and be respectful when we're doing something to remember Vichai.

Forest are only doing this because Forest fans who were at Hillsborough want them to.

If you'd read an article about people who were in the arena on the day of the Manchester bombing, or around the world trade centre on 11/09/01, or in Lockerbie on 21/12/88 - but survived - talking about how it impacted them you wouldn't think it was a shameless attempt to exploit someone else's tragedy or that they have no right to feel or talk abut it.

Why wouldn't Forest fans who were there that day have been deeply affected and traumatised by what they saw? Because they're football fans not humans? Because they were wearing a slightly different shade of red?

And why shouldn't Forest do something to try and help those people? To show them that their football club cares about them and the Liverpool fans that died? To do something to try and educate the fans who weren't there and have a twisted view of events?

Absolutely pathetic tribalism to take a swipe at this.

Narh, this is the horse shit. 

You were traumatised? I'm not surprised, it was a horrible occasion. I hope you get the help you need, regardless of who you support. 

But there's a big difference between being politely respectful and doing this. It's not even respectful, it's cynical. It's straight virtue signalling and exploiting the deaths of others for the attention. 

Why the **** do Forest need a new permanent memorial now, years after the event, years after the legal proceedings? The simple answer is they don't, it's just exploitative shit. 

It'd be like West Ham deciding in twenty years time they feel really bad about Vichai and wanting to put a little statue of him up at their ground. 

I'm not having a pop because it's Forest, I've posted on this forum many, many times that I absolutely loathe this nasty habit we have in this country of Show Grief. Everyone competing to make sure everyone else sees how much they care about a tragedy or death. It's disingenuous, self serving and ugly. I don't believe the sincerity of 99% of the Forest fans pushing for this just as I don't believe in the sincerity of the vast, vast majority of plastic Scousers that get all somber and mournful and get 97 tattoos and carve it in to their identity. 

I do have complete sympathy for the families and friends of the victims and I can't imagine how horrendous the tragedy was for them. But I'm sorry, calling the suggestion that the vast majority fetishise the tragedy for clout horseshit? Narh. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Narh, this is the horse shit. 

You were traumatised? I'm not surprised, it was a horrible occasion. I hope you get the help you need, regardless of who you support. 

But there's a big difference between being politely respectful and doing this. It's not even respectful, it's cynical. It's straight virtue signalling and exploiting the deaths of others for the attention. 

Why the **** do Forest need a new permanent memorial now, years after the event, years after the legal proceedings? The simple answer is they don't, it's just exploitative shit. 

It'd be like West Ham deciding in twenty years time they feel really bad about Vichai and wanting to put a little statue of him up at their ground. 

I'm not having a pop because it's Forest, I've posted on this forum many, many times that I absolutely loathe this nasty habit we have in this country of Show Grief. Everyone competing to make sure everyone else sees how much they care about a tragedy or death. It's disingenuous, self serving and ugly. I don't believe the sincerity of 99% of the Forest fans pushing for this just as I don't believe in the sincerity of the vast, vast majority of plastic Scousers that get all somber and mournful and get 97 tattoos and carve it in to their identity. 

I do have complete sympathy for the families and friends of the victims and I can't imagine how horrendous the tragedy was for them. But I'm sorry, calling the suggestion that the vast majority fetishise the tragedy for clout horseshit? Narh. 

You don't believe 99% of the Forest fans pushing for it are sincere, fine, don't neccessarily disagree. But if 1% of Forest fans pushing it are people who watched people die in front of them when they'd gone out to enjoy a game of football then is attacking the 99% really the important thing here? If you're happy saying 'Not a single soul at Forest genuinley cares' when they have fans who were there and saw it happen, who probably live with the impact that's had on their mental health to this day and might one day read that post, because the rest need to know they're being a bit weird, then you do you.

2 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Sorry to distract from hillsborough chat but does anyone else think the manner in which.arsenal stumbled yesterday reminds you of Leicester in its current predicament?

I know we’ve blamed a lot of people for our struggles but maybe there is a psychological factor being on top here we aren’t considering. Why else would the players be blowing these games? It’s a collective mental issue. 

No one ever takes into account the psychological aspect. At least not in a positive way. It's only used in a way by all fans (me included in the past) to belittle teams - everyone who loses 'bottles' it because they lack the mentality. And somewhat dismissing any sense of a strong mentality to get to this stage in the first place... 

9 hours ago, Finnegan said:

If LCFC were involved in that game and decided to do this, would your reaction be the same?

Edited by Wymsey

43 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

If LCFC were involved in that game and decided to do this, would your reaction be the same?

Yes entirely. I just ****ing hate it, it's one of the worst parts of British culture.

I absolutely hate this desperate obsession with competing to greive and pay tribute the most.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
20 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yes entirely. I just ****ing hate it, it's one of the worst parts of British culture.

I absolutely hate this desperate obsession with competing to greive and pay tribute the most.

What about when Vichai gets commemorated every year? You seem pretty quiet then.

Always find it strange when people get worked out with others grieving. It's such an odd stance to take.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot